First EMT-B interview!

Smcbride

Forum Ride Along
Hey! I've been browsing this site for awhile. I passed my NYS test (basic) on 08/21 and received my certificate on 09/16. I applied the same day for a job at a local company and they called me today for an interview. I've worked in several different fields but this would be my first EMT job. I was told to wear business attire and bring my emt card, cpr card, social security card, and drivers license. Is there anything I should prepare for? I planned on reviewing my book and notes just so I'm prepared. Thanks in advance!

Angel

Paramedic
Bring copies of those things, resume. Dress up. Be able to answer what would you do scenarios as well as medical scenarios.

Maybe skills and a lift test but they'll usually tell you before hand.
Good luck

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
Some companies will have skills test, written tests, physical tests, etc.. as for the interview, from my experiences, it's just as a normal interview. They ask the normal things "tell us about yourself", "what are your strength and weaknesses?", "why should we hire you?". Be ready to answer those. Generally speaking if you do get asked a scenario question, your interviewer will know it's your first EMS job and you won't know how everything is done so as long as you don't come up with an extremely wrong answer, you'll be ok. Good luck!

mperniciaro

Forum Ride Along
Congratulations on your new career! For future reference, should you have to change services and you take steps to prepare yourself for another interview, keep this question in mind. Have you ever had disagreements with a partner or partners? When I went to an interview a the company I am with at this present time, the operations manager asked me that question. I said yes and offered an explanation. So, always be honest even if you are afraid of the outcome. Best wishes on your chosen career.