First day tomorrow!

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
The whole week is going to be orientation, Friday and Saturday its ride time. What to expect?

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Something like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbc-uNHVB9U[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Trollol :rofl: that was a good one
134038682542.png

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
I couldn't resist.

For ride time, my advice is ask questions, make sure you understand what you're expected to do, and don't worry if you make a mistake, as long as you own up to it and learn from it.

Are you 911 or IFT? ALS or BLS?

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Usually will involve equipment familiarization, protocols, policies and procedures, pay, uniforms, benefits, scheduling, any more paperwork they need from you, basically "housekeeping" stuff to get you squared away to get you started on your field training time.

Basically boring as hell but stuff you need to pay attention to. The first time around it wasn't bad when I went through ours. The second time after I got promoted, it took everything I had just keep my eyes open.

Congrats on the job though!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Thanks Robb!

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
It's what we do everyday, baby. Explosions and tense moments of life and death. Oh, and smoking hot paramedics.

Inmytree19

Forum Ride Along
I actually just started myself last week. The first day we just ran drills in the station. Similar to what we did in Basic class but instead of verbalizing everything we had to actually treat the pt. Since then I've done 3 shifts. Lots of old people both trauma and med calls. Few false alarms and a DOA in a crap hole motel. Ask the crew you are assigned to as for what to do but if your experience is anything like mine, vitals vitals and vitals. Demonstrate your competency and don't be shy.