Fire Chief sued for dropping the kids off at the pool

JPINFV

Gadfly
A Pell City attorney filed a lawsuit against the city of Odenville, Regional Paramedical Services Inc. and former Odenville Fire Chief David Davis on behalf of a mother of two premature stillborn infants who were allegedly flushed down a toilet by an emergency responder.

According to the lawsuit filed in St. Clair County Circuit Court, Southern Division, in Pell City by attorney Matt Abbott, the incident happened July 23, 2010. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday on behalf of Kimberly Chyann Garrison, 19, of Odenville.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I dont normally flush toilets, and Im pretty sure if I saw anything resembling an infant in a toilet and it isnt viable Im going to treat the mother and alert the police like I would any other death they can sort it out or determine the wishes of the parents.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
This header is misleading, What has dropping his kids off at the pool got to do with anything. there is nothing mentioned about this at all.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
This header is misleading, What has dropping his kids off at the pool got to do with anything. there is nothing mentioned about this at all.

You are joking right? It is sarcasm...when one poops they often say "I am dropping the kids off at the pool"....

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

Its a play on a juvenile way that american men refer to having a bowel movement. Pushes my buttons enough that I was shocked to read the accompanying article. Might even qualify for most offensive thread title ever.

If these people intentionally flushed the babies down the toilet, they deserve what they have coming to them.

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
Pushes my buttons enough that I was shocked to read the accompanying article. Might even qualify for most offensive thread title ever.

I'm not entirely sure if I should be sad or
th_trollface.jpg

Alternatively, maybe I need to be on Fark a little less... After all, the case does involve the chief flushing 2 fetuses down the toilet...

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
You are joking right? It is sarcasm...when one poops they often say "I am dropping the kids off at the pool"....

Not sarcasm at all, I've never heard the colloquialism before.

I'd honestly thought that perhaps the chief was also responding to this call but had to stop to drop his kids off, and now they're blaming him because he was not there in time to oversee his subordinates and prevent them from flushing the fetuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
Not sarcasm at all, I've never heard the colloquialism before.

I'll believe it. It was only a few years ago that I first heard it, and I'm (often) a juvenile American male.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wow what a jerk... It would cause me extreme emotional distress to know my babies are rotting in a septic tank as well.

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
I can be pretty callous when it comes to fetusi, but I can't imagine ever thinking that it would be appropriate to flush one down a toilet. I really just can't imagine what was going through those people's heads.

Its a play on a juvenile way that american men refer to having a bowel movement. Pushes my buttons enough that I was shocked to read the accompanying article. Might even qualify for most offensive thread title ever.

If these people intentionally flushed the babies down the toilet, they deserve what they have coming to them.

American men? I must have missed the memo. =D

I'd honestly thought that perhaps the chief was also responding to this call but had to stop to drop his kids off, and now they're blaming him because he was not there in time to oversee his subordinates and prevent them from flushing the fetuses.

I've used the expression several times, but I still had the same thought as you.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Alternatively, maybe I need to be on Fark a little less... After all, the case does involve the chief flushing 2 fetuses down the toilet...

I'm gonna say this option. I'm not really easily offended, but after reading the thread title and pairing it with the incident even I recoiled a bit...

Of course, being a parent tends to alter one's perceptions on this kind of issue.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
First off, I have to say that was a nice and sensationalistic article. I was under the impression "stillborn" applied to cases in which the fetus was a viable age.

I don't think the FFs did the smartest thing in the world, but I'm also not convinced it isn't being incredibly overblown. I can't seen any logical reason that the septic system needed to be dug up.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Subject line is a bit over the top but..... Funny in a creepy kind if way.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
First off, I have to say that was a nice and sensationalistic article. I was under the impression "stillborn" applied to cases in which the fetus was a viable age.

I don't think the FFs did the smartest thing in the world, but I'm also not convinced it isn't being incredibly overblown. I can't seen any logical reason that the septic system needed to be dug up.

Wait till the remains of desired, loved and anticipated children go down there. Its hard enough with an early miscarriage, at 20 weeks they had likely had a couple of ultrasounds, and with twins the woman was likely getting large with the pregnancy. I can see myself doing something similar, or supporting someone if they felt they needed to do that.

It sounds like something for Dirty Jobs, though. Super nasty.