Final Call

phideux

Forum Captain
Went to the funeral the other day of a fellow paramedic/FF. Georgetown County lost Michael Kunde as a result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was laid to rest with full honors, the Pipers were there along with apparatus from all the surrounding agencies, who were also joined by about 100 or so of his biker friends. It was a standing room only crowd. I Bet there wasn't a dry eye in the crowd when dispatch toned out his last call on the radio, you could even hear the dispatcher was choked up. I only met him a couple of times, worked with him once, didn't really know him, but still feel like I lost a brother. He left behind a wife and his 4 legged kid, and a ton of friends and coworkers. RIP brother Medic.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I'm sorry for you loss. RIP Michael Kunde.

I've been to one LODD funeral for one of our Medics that was killed in a TC. I had only met the guy a couple times in passing, but standing there with all my coworkers lining the casket, it was the most depressing moment of my entire career, far surpassing any call I've been on. It really shook me. If you're ever feeling depressed, off, not right don't hesitate to talk to someone.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
In addition to what mufasa said, that includes talking to someone on here anonymously. Many of us would be willing to spend time talking. Pm me if you need to. I've been to a few LODD deaths for cops one being my fathers, and we are here for you.

RIP Kunde

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
RIP