FDNY EMT application help!

samanthagwhite

Forum Ride Along
Hi all!
so recently I filled out my application for the FDNY EMT exam no. 7000 and I'm feeling a bit confused. I want to make sure that I get all information that is relevant onto my application. What I am taking away from the notice of examination is that they only want to know the information that would earn you points, correct? They only want to know your work experience as paid/volunteer EMT?
I am a high school graduate, have some college, an NYS EMT-B, CPR Certified, Firefighter 1, Firefighter survival, IS-100 and IS-700.
I know that through firefighter 1 you get hazmat ops certified but I only received a certificate for FF1 and not a separate cert for hazmat ops. When I took my EMT-B course my FF1 cert counted towards my hazmat ops cert, so if I put down that I have my FF1 certification will it count towards the hazmat training for 5 points?

I just want to make sure that I am filling out this application to the best of my abilities. Maybe I'm just overthinking and driving myself crazy but id love to hear from anyone who has applied in the past for some tips/advice as to what is/is not important? and how this whole process works after the application. From what I understand from here they review all the information you gave them and give you a score and a list number and from there you wait to hear from them?

Thanks so much for your help and clarification in advance! :)

OP
OP
S

samanthagwhite

Forum Ride Along
also, one more thing. What is the difference between selective certifications and licenses and certifications? Which certifications go under which category

mxalex95

Forum Ride Along
I too, took exam 7000. Do you have any idea when we will receive our numbers.
Thanks in advance.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
See thread just below yours in this section?
Perhaps start there, good luck:).

Oh, and one more thing, if a fella by the name of Sultan Mohammed pops up, well good luck with that one as well...