fdny ems physical on 3/30/13

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys! Did anyone take the physical agility test with me this past Saturday? I went at 8am. I was one of about 15 girls that showed up.

Zel2013

Forum Probie
Hey guys! Did anyone take the physical agility test with me this past Saturday? I went at 8am. I was one of about 15 girls that showed up.

Anyone here took tge FDNY EMT Agility test recently? Im taking mines this sunday may 19,2013 anyone could give me an advice or tips. Im really scared n nervous thay i might not pass cuz i just had a baby via c section 4months ago n i tryna do excersice recently but i feel its not enough..anyone could help me? Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone here took tge FDNY EMT Agility test recently? Im taking mines this sunday may 19,2013 anyone could give me an advice or tips. Im really scared n nervous thay i might not pass cuz i just had a baby via c section 4months ago n i tryna do excersice recently but i feel its not enough..anyone could help me? Thank you so much.

Yes! First off is like to say congratulations!! Secondly, I have a little girl via c-section too! What I did was the day I got my letter I immediately got a membership to a gym with a stairmaster and went every day to condition my body. I went and did 5 minutes with nothing but myself at 60steps per minute... Then like every 2 days I started to hold free weights unroll the last 3 days before the test I held 2 20lb weights and practiced the "test" which consists of 1 minute warm.up... You come off and rest for 45 seconds and then you immediately go back on for 3 minutes and 2 seconds...
My advice is either....... If you honestly feel you are NOT ready... Call and reschedule and go out there and do what I did!! If you do feel your ready. During the test lean slightly forward with your thumbs and hands crossed over the vest straps pulling it forward so the weight is off your chest so you can breath better... I'm starting the academy this June... I failed twice back in 2007, one because it was my first time and I dis not know what to expect and the second time I weighed 220lbs and I ended up fainting during the test. I came back this time around at 145lbs and practiced and made it... They give you 2 chances... If you fail once you come back in 3 months and try again... If you fail a second time you must wait until you recertify in order to be qualified for the agility test again..... Best of luck to you.. keep us posted..

Zel2013

Forum Probie
Yes! First off is like to say congratulations!! Secondly, I have a little girl via c-section too! What I did was the day I got my letter I immediately got a membership to a gym with a stairmaster and went every day to condition my body. I went and did 5 minutes with nothing but myself at 60steps per minute... Then like every 2 days I started to hold free weights unroll the last 3 days before the test I held 2 20lb weights and practiced the "test" which consists of 1 minute warm.up... You come off and rest for 45 seconds and then you immediately go back on for 3 minutes and 2 seconds...
My advice is either....... If you honestly feel you are NOT ready... Call and reschedule and go out there and do what I did!! If you do feel your ready. During the test lean slightly forward with your thumbs and hands crossed over the vest straps pulling it forward so the weight is off your chest so you can breath better... I'm starting the academy this June... I failed twice back in 2007, one because it was my first time and I dis not know what to expect and the second time I weighed 220lbs and I ended up fainting during the test. I came back this time around at 145lbs and practiced and made it... They give you 2 chances... If you fail once you come back in 3 months and try again... If you fail a second time you must wait until you recertify in order to be qualified for the agility test again..... Best of luck to you.. keep us posted..

Omg thank you so much for your reply. Yes this is the second time they reschedule it cuz iwas supposed to take rhe agility test the date u took it cuz i was signed for exam #2004 but that time i was still pregnant. But yea i try to exercise also would it affect my height cuz im only 5 Ft even and im really short lol

Zel2013

Forum Probie

And Congratulations to you as well. I hope i pass it i'm really nervous lol how many people took the agility test with you?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
And Congratulations to you as well. I hope i pass it i'm really nervous lol how many people took the agility test with you?

Out of 150 only 40 passed. What's your list number? I was told they are rushing this list through and pushing women through faster due to EEO

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
What's EEO?

EEO Equal Employment Opportunity. Where they have an even amount of women and men hence why they are pushing women through faster because more men apply than women.

Zel2013

Forum Probie
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity. Where they have an even amount of women and men hence why they are pushing women through faster because more men apply than women.

Oh wow i didnt know that lol thank you so much for all the info

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you :) God bless you as well. Best wishes and gods blessings for your hiring process

Zel2013

Forum Probie
Thank you :) God bless you as well. Best wishes and gods blessings for your hiring process

I have questioon wat do i need to wear when i do the agility test. Omg im so freakin nervous . How long does it take again?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I have questioon wat do i need to wear when i do the agility test. Omg im so freakin nervous . How long does it take again?

That test is so unbelievably easy...

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I hope it is lol i try to do lil work outs cuz i just had a baby via c section 4 months ago. I hope i pass cuz i really wanted to join the FDNY EMS.

Wear light clothing... Good shoes!! I wore a Tank top and spandex 3 quarter leggings and new sneakers I broke in a week before at the gym.

Zel2013

Forum Probie
Wear light clothing... Good shoes!! I wore a Tank top and spandex 3 quarter leggings and new sneakers I broke in a week before at the gym.

Oh okay. Ima wear a shirt n sweats. I dont need to do push ups or runnibg right? Omg im sp freakin nervous

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Oh okay. Ima wear a shirt n sweats. I dont need to do push ups or runnibg right? Omg im sp freakin nervous

Don't psych yourself out now...when you get there and your waiting in line your going to be freaking out like me lol just take deep breaths.... Count to ten breathing in and out... Tell yourself "you got this" and you'll be good :)

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't psych yourself out now...when you get there and your waiting in line your going to be freaking out like me lol just take deep breaths.... Count to ten breathing in and out... Tell yourself "you got this" and you'll be good :)

I had to retake the firefighter stairmaster test because I was so nervous my heartrate exceeded the limit. (Dont worry EMS test has no heartrate limit)