Fatigue Study

FirstResponder

Forum Probie
Great idea for a survey. Quick and easy to complete but at the same time could be very telling when it comes to somebody's personal health, work performance and the amount of attention (or lack thereof) that their agency/ company gives to this very serious aspect of working in EMS.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Gotta work on those questions Rocket. It reeks of bias.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Gotta work on those questions Rocket. It reeks of bias.

Yeah I noticed that. I don't like the platform as much as Google or SurveyMonkey either.

The fact that we even need to ask these questions is troubling. No one thinks pilots or lawyers are ready to go at 20 hours in....why are we?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah I noticed that. I don't like the platform as much as Google or SurveyMonkey either.

The fact that we even need to ask these questions is troubling. No one thinks pilots or lawyers are ready to go at 20 hours in....why are we?
Are pilots or lawyers working 24 hour shifts? Do they jump at the opportunity to work 24 hour shifts?

We are really only doing it to ourselves when we work more than 12 hour shifts or back to back shifts.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Are pilots or lawyers working 24 hour shifts? Do they jump at the opportunity to work 24 hour shifts?

We are really only doing it to ourselves when we work more than 12 hour shifts or back to back shifts.
Not really. firefighters do it all the time.

The real issue I see is we jump at the opportunity to work 24s, yet expect to be paid while we sleep, and then get annoyed at being woken up at 3am for a minor call. I totally understand the need and desire to sleep, but how many jobs do their employees expect to get paid to sleep?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Not really. firefighters do it all the time.

But this is different when you take in to account that FD’s have stations with living quarters vs most of EMS that has either A) comfort stations or B) straight SSM.