Falck Northern California lays off 40+

PlatapusSupper

Forum Ride Along
Following acquisition of VeriHealth in March, Falck Northern California has fired CEO Steve Lewis, COO Bill Snell, and replaced them with CEO Gary Tennyson and COO Sean Sullivan of VeriHealth. Effective July 12, 2013, EMTs, nurses, dispatchers, operations personnel, and remaining leadership from Falck Northern California startup (all prior to VeriHealth acquisiton) have been terminated from employment. Of the initial Falck startup, only approximately 6 personnel (all EMTs, 5 in San Mateo, 1 in Contra Costa) remain. The entire Contra Costa station has been shut down, and call volume has been distributed to rigs from other counties. The Falck brand ambulances from Contra Costa were then distributed to the Falck/VeriHealth San Mateo station and served as replacement rigs for old VeriHealth employees, while all but 5 EMTs from Falck startup were terminated from San Mateo station at time of the Contra Costa closure. The VeriHealth organization is attempting to continue running the Falck brand as if nothing has changed since startup in September 2012, but this is far from the case. My account is too new to post a link to the letter that went out to Falck employees regarding the layoff, but I will provide when given the opportunity.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Interesting...

Edit: from what I can see Falck NC is hiring according to recent Facebook posts. And they are still listed on Falck USA website. Let's see what happens. And what ends up being true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic496

Show strength when weak, and humility when strong
Other Falck Aquisitions

Is this recent development a sign of how Falck does business? What about the good people who work at Care in OC/LA/Riverside? Was this shake up necessary to shed weight for the company due to low call volume? I don't like what I'm seeing. What is Falck's goal for EMS in the US?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Following acquisition of VeriHealth in March, Falck Northern California has fired CEO Steve Lewis, COO Bill Snell, and replaced them with CEO Gary Tennyson and COO Sean Sullivan of VeriHealth. Effective July 12, 2013, EMTs, nurses, dispatchers, operations personnel, and remaining leadership from Falck Northern California startup (all prior to VeriHealth acquisiton) have been terminated from employment. Of the initial Falck startup, only approximately 6 personnel (all EMTs, 5 in San Mateo, 1 in Contra Costa) remain. The entire Contra Costa station has been shut down, and call volume has been distributed to rigs from other counties. The Falck brand ambulances from Contra Costa were then distributed to the Falck/VeriHealth San Mateo station and served as replacement rigs for old VeriHealth employees, while all but 5 EMTs from Falck startup were terminated from San Mateo station at time of the Contra Costa closure. The VeriHealth organization is attempting to continue running the Falck brand as if nothing has changed since startup in September 2012, but this is far from the case. My account is too new to post a link to the letter that went out to Falck employees regarding the layoff, but I will provide when given the opportunity.

Source of this? Pm me the link if you can and I'll post it.

I feel like there's more to this than just lay offs, falk took over my old employer and they improved everything. Can't say a negative thing about them.

PotatoMedic

I honestly have a really hard time believing the op. I see no indication of Falck NC being dissolved in any manner.

OP
OP
P

PlatapusSupper

Forum Ride Along
The people that started it are being dissolved, and the Falck name and operation is continuing with VeriHealth personnel. The Falck startup was a failure, and they're keeping that private by putting their name on another company. I have copies of layoff notices and memos, I just can't post them until I have 5 posts... Tried to send copies to Hunter but same problem.

PotatoMedic

Interesting... If you go to verihealth and click apply for employment it takes you to falcknc jobs page. Ok... It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

On a side note talked to some PNW Falckers and they don't have any idea whats going on down there.

PotatoMedic

Well very interesting. Sorry to hear that this is happening. Really blows.

OP
OP
P

PlatapusSupper

Forum Ride Along
The sad part is that those laid off were the people who started Falck Northern California. They were sold on the vision of Steve Lewis, marketed their own company, developed a reputation, and came to Falck from other companies of the area. People gave up good jobs, seniority, and a host of other things to help make Falck happen, and then were laid off with no notice and two weeks severance. Falck employees have much better benefits and higher pay than those of VeriHealth, and speculation is that this was the reason Falck field personnel were released and VeriHealth were not. VerHealth dispatchers were also released, but no field personnel were affected.