Falck Colorado

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Anybody work for Falk in Aurora Co? Im supposed to interview with them soon. I can't seem to find much on what schedules they run or how the pay is. Any info would be a big help!

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I'm also interested in this info, since I may be moving to CO in the near future.

OP
OP
H

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Hey had the interview. It wasn't bad. It consisted of an Interview, written test and oral skills scenario. They are currently hiring for part and full time. They run both 12 and 24 hour shifts. The written was not crazy there was some stuff on there I had personally never heard of. The oral was a simple trauma scenario.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Cool. Thanks.

jdemt

Forum Crew Member
Falck is the contacted transport service for Aurora Fire Rescue. There is a rumor that they are transitioning to all 12 hour shifts in June. They do 911 and IFT. If you are an EMT this is a good system to see lots of patients and start lots of IV’s. If you’re a medic I️ would not recommend working here as you will not have any say in the care of ALS patients (for the most part). The protocols here are very BLS (for example oral glucose is an ALS attend). EMT pay is between 11 and 12 per hour. Medic pay is 16 to 17 per hour. Benefits are alright. If you work at Falck be careful not to learn bad habits.

OP
OP
H

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Falck is the contacted transport service for Aurora Fire Rescue. There is a rumor that they are transitioning to all 12 hour shifts in June. They do 911 and IFT. If you are an EMT this is a good system to see lots of patients and start lots of IV’s. If you’re a medic I️ would not recommend working here as you will not have any say in the care of ALS patients (for the most part). The protocols here are very BLS (for example oral glucose is an ALS attend). EMT pay is between 11 and 12 per hour. Medic pay is 16 to 17 per hour. Benefits are alright. If you work at Falck be careful not to learn bad habits.
How can the transporting Medic not have any ALS say? If I'm the medic and I show up to a call with a bunch of FF you can bet I'm not just going to do whatever they tell me. Now, if they wanna take the run and tech it in, fine by me I'll sit up in the front. However, they can do all the documentation and Ill be sure to document the FF/Medic took the run.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
How can the transporting Medic not have any ALS say? If I'm the medic and I show up to a call with a bunch of FF you can bet I'm not just going to do whatever they tell me. Now, if they wanna take the run and tech it in, fine by me I'll sit up in the front. However, they can do all the documentation and Ill be sure to document the FF/Medic took the run.
City regulation is how they and many FDs do this. Also if you aren't riding in back your company cannot bill.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

That's why you are too good for Aurora. The fire department is God there.

jdemt

Forum Crew Member
What they said. It’s hard to explain but in short that’s pretty much the case. If you love medicine, don’t work in Aurora. I️ just put in my two weeks. You should look into AMR Colorado Springs, Poudre Valley, Denver Health, or Thompson Valley if you want to practice medicine and actually be a clinician. Good luck wherever you decide to go!

OP
OP
H

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
What they said. It’s hard to explain but in short that’s pretty much the case. If you love medicine, don’t work in Aurora. I️ just put in my two weeks. You should look into AMR Colorado Springs, Poudre Valley, Denver Health, or Thompson Valley if you want to practice medicine and actually be a clinician. Good luck wherever you decide to go!
Thanks! Appreciate all the help and information.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
In the Springs you are still technically subservient to Springs Fire unless they are BLS. Much less of an issue than in Aurora, but I have had the occasional (moderate to severe [thoat punchable]) "events."