Expungement to EMT

Theodore12

Forum Ride Along
Hi I have had one main question regarding my minor misdemeanor as a juvenile and if that record will deny me getting a job as an EMT

OP
OP
T

Theodore12

Forum Ride Along
Sorry I forgot to put that it is expunged and I don't know if they would see the record or not

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Have to ask the potential employer.

reaper

Working Bum
Also depends on state. Most juvenile records are sealed at 18 and do not show up on background checks. Unless, they are for violent felonies. Misdemeanors normally do not matter much.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Also depends on state. Most juvenile records are sealed at 18 and do not show up on background checks. Unless, they are for violent felonies. Misdemeanors normally do not matter much.

Unless they're theft charges. Most agencies frown on employing people with stick fingers who are going to have unrestricted access to their customers' homes and belongings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

Working Bum
True. But, most records are sealed. So the person has to be honest up front!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Maybe

Probably

Definitely

Never know until you ask

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Not ripping on you but just for future reference if your applying to work at a municipality or state agency they can see it all.*

reaper

Working Bum
No they cannot see it all. Some are sealed by the courts and do not show up. I have seen people admit to records and have proof of it. FBI and military back ground checks could not even find them. It all depends on the state and courts on how they are sealed.
For the OP, just be honest up front and see what they find. Then go from there.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Even all of my non-moving violations and the poker face I gave to that lieutenant?

Tbh I think everything aside from ICAOS. Don't quote me there though. Depends what type of check they do. Lt. Saw right through it ;) lol

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
No they cannot see it all. Some are sealed by the courts and do not show up. I have seen people admit to records and have proof of it. FBI and military back ground checks could not even find them. It all depends on the state and courts on how they are sealed.
For the OP, just be honest up front and see what they find. Then go from there.

You clearly know more. [emoji850]I guess I'll stop doing background checks now :(.