Experience

Gavin

Forum Probie
So I have all of my applications for EMT turned in. I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to gain some more work experience while I wait for some kind of results? I'm looking for ideas on what kind of experience will help get a job as an EMT.

Thanks

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
So I have all of my applications for EMT turned in. I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to gain some more work experience while I wait for some kind of results? I'm looking for ideas on what kind of experience will help get a job as an EMT.

Thanks

Whats the EMT or EMS for that matter market like in Butte County?

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Forum Probie
Here in Butte there's only 2 big ambulance companies, which are First Responder, and Enloe Ambulance. First Responder has the contract for the county. Getting a job with either of them is pretty tough.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Butte County is the subject of many jokes.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
As far as experience look at a volunteer agency, volunteer in an ER (You wont do medical stuff, but you will be at the top of a list for a tech job if you're good), and try to do ride-alongs

WhiskeySix5

Forum Crew Member
As far as experience look at a volunteer agency, volunteer in an ER (You wont do medical stuff, but you will be at the top of a list for a tech job if you're good), and try to do ride-alongs

+2, that will get your feet wet. Volunteering with an FD might also get you some paid education for the next steps (FF & Medic), which then gets you into a paid county service or something else with decent pay and a nice pension.

Butte Co sounds desperate for people.... http://www.buttecounty.net/Fire/Volunteers.aspx