ETMC-Pasadena

mgaska84

Forum Probie
I was recently hired at ETMC-Pasadena for a medic position. Im moving down from Seattle in June to start my orientation. ETMC doesn't list their protocols online, does anyone know about them? Good company? I was given the choice to work Pasadena, Waco or Tyler, is Pasadena a good choice? I want to make sure there is no Fire/Medic response, and I know Pasadena only has volunteers. Any thoughts, opinions or ideas about either Waco or Tyler?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I was recently hired at ETMC-Pasadena for a medic position. Im moving down from Seattle in June to start my orientation. ETMC doesn't list their protocols online, does anyone know about them? Good company? I was given the choice to work Pasadena, Waco or Tyler, is Pasadena a good choice? I want to make sure there is no Fire/Medic response, and I know Pasadena only has volunteers. Any thoughts, opinions or ideas about either Waco or Tyler?

Well....if you like pain management, Paramedics Plus is not the place for you. Waco and Tyler have pretty conservative protocols. usalsfyre can fill you in more.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

It is my understanding that Pasadena, Waco, and Tyler are all BLS fire departments.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Pasadena has a BLS fire department. They will first respond at the First Responder level.

ETMC has...interesting protocols. Very progressive in some areas and almost "retro" in others. PM me for more details.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
hey everyone, just found this thread. i have a phone interview with etmc pasadena weds and was hoping anyone could help me out what to expect? this is my first time doing a phone interview and actually applying to a job where i'd have to relocate. i'm kinda excited its a big deal for me.

any help appreciated. thanks.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry. I saw your location and made an assumption. my bad. Good luck.

klong707

Forum Probie
Looking to relocate to waco,tx from cali anyone know what pay is for a new medic and do they run 911 there and how are protocols in waco.

klong707

Forum Probie
Im now looking into moving to pasadena from california can anyone share their experience is etmc a good company to work for?