ERT

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Well I signed up for an ERT course that I going to be offered locally. Just wondering if anyone has any pointers?

I found out that the class is about 17 people in size, I know about 5 of the people signed up (I think), and I am the only female. I am looking forward to doing it and getting the additional training. So any advise will be gladly welcomed. B)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
What exactly is an ERT?
Emergency Response Tech? Is that like a first responder?

Good luck!

People always asked me what they should focus their studies on, and I never really knew what to say. I would say "Just read the material really well, don't read ahead just focus hard on the current subject, practice-practice-practice" Really helps if you have children, or siblings- i.e. fake patients- you can practice your BP's, focused exams, splinting, bandaging, etc. Borrow supplies from the station, get together w/ other students and practice your techniques in boarding people, working w/ a partner; do some ride alongs if possible. Don't be suprised if they don't do things in an ambulance the way you are taught in the class room.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought ERT was Emergency Response to Terrorism. Thats what it stands for around here.

Good luck though. We had one at the FD while I was there and it was really good. Lots of great info.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe? IDK.

We had a class where the company was divided, half were victims, half rescuers. The victims were boarded, the rescuers put on level 1 suits and stripped the victims down to their boxers; scrubbed them under a shower from the aerial ladder... and in the end nobody cared what they learned b/c they gave each company 1,300.00 and a O2 Multi-lator kit for preparedness and told us that we wouldn't have to do it again b/c there was a special team for it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
ERT = Emergency Rescue Technician

Your trained in auto extrication, high and low angle rope rescue, trench rescue, ice/water rescue and a variety of other things. All in all, it's a very cool class.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
ERT = Eat Ripe Tomatoes

ERT = European Road Trip

ERT = Extra Rugged Toilet

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Mar 1 2005, 11:44 PM
ERT = Emergency Rescue Technician

Your trained in auto extrication, high and low angle rope rescue, trench rescue, ice/water rescue and a variety of other things. All in all, it's a very cool class.
That sounds so cool. I want to do that.
I should find out if we have anything like that around here.

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Mar 1 2005, 11:58 PM
ERT = Eat Ripe Tomatoes

ERT = European Road Trip

ERT = Egg Really Tough

ERT = Extremely Rough Terrain

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by EMTstudent+Mar 2 2005, 08:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTstudent @ Mar 2 2005, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rescuecpt@Mar 1 2005, 11:58 PM
ERT = Eat Ripe Tomatoes

ERT = European Road Trip

ERT = Egg Really Tough

ERT = Extremely Rough Terrain [/b][/quote]
Escaping Rabid Turtles

\obviously one of the most important aspects of scene safety training.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 1 2005, 11:10 PM
Maybe? IDK.

We had a class where the company was divided, half were victims, half rescuers. The victims were boarded, the rescuers put on level 1 suits and stripped the victims down to their boxers; scrubbed them under a shower from the aerial ladder... and in the end nobody cared what they learned b/c they gave each company 1,300.00 and a O2 Multi-lator kit for preparedness and told us that we wouldn't have to do it again b/c there was a special team for it.
my school does a "terrorism for EMS" class where everyone puts on level A suits and re-learns how to get IVs and intubate, in a suit.

Jon

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by CodeSurfer+Mar 2 2005, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CodeSurfer @ Mar 2 2005, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EMTstudent@Mar 2 2005, 08:28 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-rescuecpt
@Mar 1 2005, 11:58 PM
ERT = Eat Ripe Tomatoes

ERT = European Road Trip

ERT = Egg Really Tough

ERT = Extremely Rough Terrain
Escaping Rabid Turtles

\obviously one of the most important aspects of scene safety training. [/b][/quote]
ERT = Eye Really Twitching

ERT = Ewww Rancid Throwup

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by CodeSurfer@Mar 2 2005, 11:20 AM
Escaping Rabid Turtles
I like that one!!!

OP
OP
E

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Sorry about all the confussion ERT Emergency Rescue Technician.

Like ffemt8978 Said it focuses on auto extrication, rope rescues, water, and what ever else.

I am excited to take the class. And hope all goes well. I will keep you up dated.