EOA Experience?

tydek07

Forum Captain
Does anyone have any experience with the EOA (Esophageal Obturator Airway)? I am more then likely (interview on monday :rolleyes:) going to be moving to a service that uses this device.

I have never used/seen/heard of this before. The only reason I found out about this device is because it is in the protocols for the company. I have done research on the internet and they seem to be fairly fool proof...

If you have used it before: How reliable is it? What is your overall thought about this airway device?

Thank You in advance,

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I have not seen that, but is it like a combi tube in the way that it works at least?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
this gives a description.

http://www.tpub.com/content/medical/10669-c/css/10669-c_96.htm

I never heard of it before either. It sounds like an alternative airway with a blind insertion. Deeemd similiar to a king tube. It has a mask attached at one end so i guess we would not be able to attach a BVM to it. I guess we have to breath literally for the patient. I am not to fond of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tydek07

tydek07

Forum Captain
For those who have no idea (like I did) what this is, heres a couple pictures.

--of course i take no credit for these pictures--

540183.jpeg

eoa_etga.gif

10669-c_96_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
The EOA has been around for ever, long before a combi tube existed. Most services got away from them years ago, due to better products on the market. I never liked them much, they have problems in compromised airways.