EMTLife Survival

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Is it just me or is the participation rate of this site going down? Lots of members, but none except the new guys and regulars post. :unsure:

I mean, sometimes it's days for a popular topic to get replies... :huh:

Shouldn't we try to get some ppl through adds on other sites or stuff? And I think an EMTLife poster in a station will do wonders. :)

What you guys think?

::This might take a wile:: kidding

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I don't know.... I like it, we seem to have a large collection of regulars, and a few new folks, some old-timers will get on sometimes, and we have some folks, LIKE YOU that seem to come and go as they please :D

It is a good group, and there isn't too much hating here, which is really nice.

As for posts, it should be pointed out that, between me and Alex, we have over 20% of total fourm posts :eek: . My question, of course, is how many are actually valid posts???

Jon

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
I'm glad to be so popular as to be noticed in such detail :p

But it is a bit difficult getting on in jungle africa and all- you understand. :unsure:

My real obsticle is Final Exams. (1month then I'm done with school!!!!)

Glad you like it, I wanted to hear other ppls opinions. ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I think it's going along just fine.

There are new members every week, some contribute, some do not. That's life, and this is Walgreens where you can get 30% off of your prescription medications.

Oh wait.. never mind.

So what if it isn't a valid post, what is not valid about it, why does it need to be? As long as we enjoy the site and the company of each other, what does it matter. We're conducting our own studies on the LIFE of an EMT... Yeah, don't forget, after the lights & sirens and the IV's, blood and bandages.. We still have active lives. So of us have social lives, others, such as me.....don't. Since I'm home alone, most of the time, I can either look at my ambulances, or use the internet.

We don't swear at each other, fight, speak in the heat of hate and anger, and we don't shun new people away.. How many other EMS groups are like us? None.
I can think of far worse conversations. This is EMT LIFE.. The LIFE of EMT's, FR's, Paramedics, etc... I can't speak for anyone else, but as a Paramedic, my life doesn't contain strictly EMS 24/7. We do talk about things important to EMS, new technology, news stories, etc... But we also send a message that it's a casual enviroment, you know, humor... Keeps the ulcer away, etc..

I love EMT Life...

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
I see this happen on a few other forums also. They seem to go into spuirts with the posts, new & active members. Everything seems to be fine from this end & I have no complaints.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I have to agree that I like the pace here. There is less garbage than at other places. Ego's are kept in check here. I think EMTlife will be around a long time. :D

Kip

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
This is why I feel EMTLife is one of the better EMS forums out there. We get goofy posts and serious posts as well.

There isnt alot of fighting and bickering going on. One thing I hate about other larger forums is that you click on a topic you think is interesting, only to wade through endless posts of two members arguing back and forth in an endless cycle, and out of all of that there are only one or two good, positive posts.

EMTLife doesnt have that, and big part of EMTLife's success is that the members seem to have RESPECT for each other.

-CP

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I concur! :lol:

<Starts singing to himself.> in his best, high pitched, squeeky, Aretha Franklin Voice>

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB (who the heck is TCB?)

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me) (Throws a sock across the virtual room :p )
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(re, re, re, re) 'spect
When you come home (re, re, re ,re)
Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)
And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)
I got to have (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)

VinBin

Forum Captain
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Oct 27 2005, 12:22 PM
This is why I feel EMTLife is one of the better EMS forums out there. We get goofy posts and serious posts as well.

There isnt alot of fighting and bickering going on.
Comon! Fight Me!

(anyone watch Space Ghost?)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by VinBin+Oct 27 2005, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VinBin @ Oct 27 2005, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainPanic@Oct 27 2005, 12:22 PM

There isnt alot of fighting and bickering going on.
Comon! Fight Me!

(anyone watch Space Ghost?) [/b][/quote]
I'd love to hit someone with a balloon of butterscotch pudding...

Wouldn't that be fun?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Oct 27 2005, 12:22 PM
-CP
Dang I must be tired. I read this three times before I realized it did not say "goofy PANTS".....

Anyway, I Love You Guys. It gets kind of embarassing when I am reading or responding at work and find myself laughing my fool head off out loud. But, none the less, yous guys are great.

Its a nice collection of people, with a wealth of expierience to add.

I am not so sure about the advertising on other sites though. Don't you have to generally pay for that, and then wouldn't Matt then have to pass the cost onto us? THAT my friend would suck.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think you bring up a valid point, and you're right that EMTLife doesn't have nearly the number of members of other forums.

Personally, I put EMTLife.com online not wanting to be the most active discussion forum, but instead to be the most friendly and inviting. The thing is, I hope that you're active in other discussion forums too. You don't just have to stick to one forum, and I'd hope that you have the time to contribute to many. There are lots of good EMS communities out there, and I hope that you would contribute to as many as you wish.

You'll also notice that a lot of EMS communities have ads and forms of revenue. Other can spend hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands) on Google Ads, whereas I've spent under $100. There are no ads on EMTLife.com, and I don't ask for donations or contributions.

I've learned a lot from our forum, and I feel indebted many of our members. You've made me laugh, worry, happy, and sad. I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you (cough EMTLife gathering cough) and see you in person.

We're not the biggest or best, but I sincerely believe we are the #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion. I'm not sure people will believe me, but I don't feel as though this is my forum any more than anyone elses. I simply provide the server space and bulletin board software, you provided 25,000 posts :)

This forum is what you make of it. We really are a community, and we're only as strong as our weakest member. You can see how a mean member can really bring the whole community down, and that's the same thing that happens in a non-virtual community.

You, I, and everyone else make this forum what it is. If you want it to survive, then keep posting, asking questions, and creating discussion. :)

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Ha! I can second you there, for in every topic I've participated, I've come out wiser. ;)

And I sertainly have an updated perspective on the forum.

So thanks, I'm enthusiastic about EMSLife.

I'll go and post some more topics with stupid Q's, so I can grow. Jippee! :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz@Oct 29 2005, 10:43 AM
I think you bring up a valid point, and you're right that EMTLife doesn't have nearly the number of members of other forums.

Personally, I put EMTLife.com online not wanting to be the most active discussion forum, but instead to be the most friendly and inviting. The thing is, I hope that you're active in other discussion forums too. You don't just have to stick to one forum, and I'd hope that you have the time to contribute to many. There are lots of good EMS communities out there, and I hope that you would contribute to as many as you wish.

You'll also notice that a lot of EMS communities have ads and forms of revenue. Other can spend hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands) on Google Ads, whereas I've spent under $100. There are no ads on EMTLife.com, and I don't ask for donations or contributions.

I've learned a lot from our forum, and I feel indebted many of our members. You've made me laugh, worry, happy, and sad. I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you (cough EMTLife gathering cough) and see you in person.

We're not the biggest or best, but I sincerely believe we are the #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion. I'm not sure people will believe me, but I don't feel as though this is my forum any more than anyone elses. I simply provide the server space and bulletin board software, you provided 25,000 posts :)

This forum is what you make of it. We really are a community, and we're only as strong as our weakest member. You can see how a mean member can really bring the whole community down, and that's the same thing that happens in a non-virtual community.

You, I, and everyone else make this forum what it is. If you want it to survive, then keep posting, asking questions, and creating discussion. :)
Yeah!

for that, I give a heartfelt Ditto...

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by MMiz@Oct 29 2005, 10:43 AM

Very well stated!!! :D There are 2 other Forum Boards I belong with, 1 of which I am a Moderator in a few different counties (Its a Firefighters message Board) & the other in another Ems Forum. I am very comfortable with the FF Forum, been there over a year now & know quite a few of the people I converse personally (whether it has been fighting fires with them, or meeting them personally at some point). I have been involved in quite a few "good" discussions & some controversial ones also. But I feel comfortable there as much as I do here. However, the "Other" Ems Forum I belong with, I may have only posted there no less than 30x & quite a few of the members (not all) give that "I am better than you" type attitude. They try to "belittle" you about your training & knowledge, which is a major pet peeve of mine to say the least. Each of our training in the Ems quite different from others here, but I havent the "belittlement" over a person's training, knowledge or questioning here.

Rather instead, members here seem to help each other out & are concerned about other members too. (Hurricane Wilma for example, members were concerned about Chimpie & Wingnut, since they are down in Fla.) That right there should show a perspective member checking this site out, that members here are decent & are willing to treat others with the same decent respect.

Give this board some time & the membership will grow & keep growing by word of mouth/email. I know I have already told 4 Emts from my Dept about it & a few friends too, (EmtMom Nancy ) & will continue to also.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
First of all I have NEVER seen an invalid post on this site. Personally I like the pace, it's easy to keep up with everyone. And I love the people here, I rarely see any of the BS that I see in other forums, and when we do it's always from some new member that usually just comes here to rile things up. I love that they always leave after a day or two, they just can't hack it here. :D