EMTLife Gathering 2006!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Okay, let's try it again.

The last time we talked about it we were thinking Orlando, Florida because of all the different things that could be done there.

Anyone else still want to do it?

Chimp

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
something tells me if you Floridians have a hurricane season like '05 all we need do is get on fema's call list to be there anyways....

~S~

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Well lets see, FL, the hurricane capitol of the world...why dont we all do it in broward county so fema can round us all up and say since you are here....HELP! Im interested in thisget together...but would prefer somehting other than the flood plain known as Florida...maybe we could do it in GA or somewhere less likely to be devastated by hurricane X.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Definitely!! I'm still for Orlando, it's not like we're getting together for a month. But then it's only a 4 hour drive for me. Broward County is even better, that's an hour & half!

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
FFEMT1764 said:
...Im interested in thisget together...but would prefer somehting other than the flood plain known as Florida...
Orlando didn't receive any damage from the any of the hurricanes this year. One of the reasons why Orlando was such a popular choice last year when we were talking about this was because there is wide varity of things to do there, so no one should feel that they have to do something just because everyone else is.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Why not Little Rock AR!! There plenty for everyone to do there - plus we have the newest Presidential Library - and there are plenty of night clubs and bars in Pulaski County alone to last us a week and if its in the summer - we can go to a water park.(Wld River Country) and Hot Springs is only 40 min drive from the Rock and they have Magic Springs theme park. Heehee. Im kidding.... it'll probably be fire season here the way things looks (30 counties are under burn ban - and if we have enough idiots we can start our own grassfires)

:lol:

-CP

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Ill be moving to Valdosta GA so GA or FL is fine, at least in FL I can take the time to do a little herping while there

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I would LOVE to see Walton's Mountain!!! :)

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
We could all go to DC and lobby for more money for EMS...and its not far to Baltimore, and I know there are things to do in Baltimore...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
coloradoemt said:
I would LOVE to see Walton's Mountain!!! :)
What it Walton's mountain?

I do like the idea of Roanoke, though.

I still like the idea - I don't know if i'd be able to make it, but I'd try.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
:eek: :blink:

WALTON'S MOUNTAIN????

THE TV SHOW...

SCHUYLER, VA...

http://www.waltonmuseum.org/

title1.jpg
waltons1art.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I had a friend that was hyper-religious(think hardcore Bible thumping Southern Baptist girl that makes the perfect preachers wife.) and always named her favorite show as being the Waltons. Bad part is that shes only 26!!

Some folks are just mysterious like that.....

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm all for an EMTLife gathering in Florida. It's a cheap flight, and chimp promised he'd let me puch the red button on all of his Red Cross radios.

THE RED BUTTON PEOPLE! THE RED BUTTON!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Join the 50/50 Flight Club.

50% Chance you'll make it... 50% Chance you won't.

Kind of like Valu Jet.

Myself, I would rather fly Hooter's Air.:blush:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I think I would take my chances flying myself...taking off and level flight are easy, its the landings that will kill ya...:unsure:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Ah ya bunch of babies lol. :rolleyes: I love flying, and ONE of these days Imma get my pilots license. B)