EMT training school

Tri Nguyen

Forum Ride Along
hi i am in the orange county area California and want to get into the EMT field i am currently looking at schools around my area through yelp and reviews but i am here because i would like hear some personal recommendation or experience from picking schools and any valuable information you wish you knew before.

Thanks guys

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I’m not sure about the OC area but as a general thing I recommend is to highly look into an EMT program at a community college. You will get credit hours for the EMT class which can be anywhere from 4-9 hours. Also in my experience the community colleges seem to have higher requirements for instructors. Private programs can have an EMT who has no degree, very little time in the field, and may not even be in the field anymore teaching the class. For the college I am familiar with in San Bernardino county they require at a minimum an associates degree, a paramedic license, currently working in the field or clinical setting, several years of paramedic experience, along with NAEMSE instructor courses and the college required adult learning courses.

OP
OP
T

Tri Nguyen

Forum Ride Along
thank you so much for your reply i am currently looking into santa ana college and couple more and will register for class thank you and god bless you.