EMT phone apps?

Weeooh

Forum Probie
I am specifically looking for any tried and true study apps for EMT cert, but also anything else EMS related that you can get on your phone. Just curious if y'all use anything for your job or study, or even a fun game or quiz app.

LG1ALBERTA

Forum Ride Along
Littmann Learning Institute is a good one, I just got my first ever stethoscope the other day and discovered the app. It shows the following:

1. Basics of Auscultation- 4 reading modules- Intro to auscultation, Anatomy of a stethoscope, Cardiac Auscultation, Pulmonary Auscultation
2. Understanding heart and lung sounds- lots of material plus audio clips to demonstrate material
3. Guided patient assessments- Heart patients ( 20 of them ) Lung Patients (15 of them)

Plus the app has a "Test your knowledge" section which is based on the topics mentioned above.

Plus a "Sound Library" and "My Stethoscope" areas.

Highly recommend this app, I am new to this field and I have found this very very helpful. I do not start my EMR program until September.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
1) Get a PDF copy of your official protocols. There are apps you can use, but I always felt more comfortable being able to pull up the actual guidelines as laid out by the state, and knowing they are up to date. Nice to double-check dosing when on the way to a call or whatever.

2) Google Translate! It’s free and works surprisingly well. I can manage Spanish well enough, but we had a lot of Mandarin-only, Russian-only, etc, patients. You can download the languages you use most often and it will work without using data.