EMT oversea jobs

reed37

Forum Ride Along
im an EMT-B, and i was wondering if there are any companies like remote medical out there hiring us for oversea jobs. i do have experience. not doing it for money, just excitement. (btw i was in the army.... so telling me to join the military wont help lol)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Join the navy

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Get your medic, then you might be able to find some. Most won't send just a basic overseas

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Im working on my paramedic and I would also like to know of any opportunities overseas. I have wanted to live near London since my first trip there but changing citizenship seems too troublesome just for this job.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Im working on my paramedic and I would also like to know of any opportunities overseas. I have wanted to live near London since my first trip there but changing citizenship seems too troublesome just for this job.

You might as well drop out of medic school, get a student visa, enter a UK medic program, marry a local for citizenship, and finally apply with local services.

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
You might as well drop out of medic school, get a student visa, enter a UK medic program, marry a local for citizenship, and finally apply with local services.

Easy as 123!

I have considered becoming a travel nurse And requesting the uk. My brother in law works for one of these agencies but I don't know if they send people over there.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
The problem boys is the work visa. Why would the UK let you in when there having there own problems with unemployment and can already fill the paramedic position with there own citizens and UK trained medics?

Yes the solution is marrying a UK citizen or someone in the EU then trying to weasel your way in that way....

then you can worry about all the reciprocity and education stuff.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
The problem boys is the work visa. Why would the UK let you in when there having there own problems with unemployment and can already fill the paramedic position with there own citizens and UK trained medics?

Yes the solution is marrying a UK citizen or someone in the EU then trying to weasel your way in that way....

then you can worry about all the reciprocity and education stuff.

I'm already a full UK citizen, I was more just pointing out the obvious to wanna be. I have the reciprocity paperwork bookmarked, still need to fill in all that pesky information. Have you gone through the process?

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I was more just pointing out the obvious to wanna be.
You really didnt need to. I know the process, but I dont think its worth the hassle. Its much easier to move to another state than another country. It was just something I thought would be fun to do, but its not something Im seriously considering yet.

What I was hoping for was something temporary. I still get to travel to that part of the world, but not have to put up with as much BS.

My dad travels to London often and told me Americans arent given priority to be considered for citizenship. Since you've already been through it, is it really as difficult as I think?

OP
OP
R

reed37

Forum Ride Along
have any of you ever heard of remote medical international? im working on my medic as we speak of so hopefully id like to get into something like that. any tips on extra classes i can take to help out?

MJG

Forum Probie

hey reed,

if you are still interested in working in the UK: They have a huge demand for paramedics right now, especially in London. And now is certainly a good time to attempt equivalency of education with the health professional council, as they are planning to link the Paramedic training to a Bsc foundation degree within the next few years, which will make it a lot more difficult for foreigners to get a statement of equivalency. (btw: is this the correct term?)

Apart from that, the London Ambulance Service (imho) is no good place to work in EMS, but there are plenty of other EMS in GB.

More information about how to get a equivalency of education in GB:
hpc - uk . org/

Cheers,

Martin

SpecialK

Forum Captain
Chesk out some of the Australian services, they regularly employ from overseas.

Nah mate, don't know who told you that but it's pretty much non-existant nowadays in Australasia. The big exception is for Regs on the helos.

Seven to ten years ago yes, but not anymore, enough domestic grads to keep things moving along.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
There are some jobs with private security contractors for the military. Like triple canopy, blackwater(changed name to academi or something), dyncorp. Most of them are located in iraq, kuwait, afghanistan, pakistan