EMT Online Refresher Question

Anonymous1234

Forum Ride Along
I am currently an inactive nationally registered EMT. I have taken my continuing education courses already but I still need to complete my 24-hour refresher training course. I wanted to know, if I use an online 24-hour refresher training course, will that be valid for my recertification? Is it true that I do not need an in-person training session to remain an inactive nationally certified EMT?

Additionally, if online courses are valid, do you know which ones are recommended? I found a site called Code3CME powered by Medic-CE. Has anyone heard of this, and is it valid?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It all depends on which online class you use. They have to be instructor led which means they can not be pre-recorded.

I had a really good experience with distancecme.com

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1234

Forum Ride Along
Yes, the other course I mentioned is live! I looked at distance me and I don't see a refresher course, only a transition course. Do you know what the transition course is?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The transition course is the 24 hour course. Read the description and it says it.

Skylar

Forum Ride Along
It all depends on which online class you use. They have to be instructor led which means they can not be pre-recorded.

I had a really good experience with distancecme.com

So it appears that covers all 24 hours needed for EMT. However (clinical skills Competency) You need to show you can do Airway Management and Adjuncts Cardiac Arrest Management, Splinting and Immobilization.
|