EMT/Medic school prices between states

paradoqs

Forum Crew Member
So, I was checking on EMT school prices in Colorado and they are like atleast 1500$ for emtb. I just moved here rom NC and out of state for me would be like 3000$. But in NC emtb was $65 and paramedic was only a few hundred. Does anyone know why the prices are so varied and if there is any way to find cheaper emtb classes than the 3000$ I am looking at in Colorado?

OP
OP
P

paradoqs

Forum Crew Member
Are you looking at a tech school as opposed to a community college?

All of the programs I've checked out in Colorado are community colleges. Same in NC.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Location, market niche, government subsidy, etc. For example, I got my EMT-B through a tech program that was mostly aimed at high school students (Regional Occupational Program) and it cost me a $40 registration fee and $80 for books (I got scammed and bought a work book that I never used). On the other hand, there's a program that specializes in the 2 week accelerated programs for college students on break. That program costs around the $700 mark.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
I paid $250 for emt class starting mid june. That included text books. It is at a fire station.

I was told that is expensive, I didn't think it was that bad.

2 year degree for paramedic at the school I want to go to is over 10k.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Edit: Mine is also an accelerated program. 18 days at 8 hours per day. That may have been why it cost more.

I have had some people say that it might be hard to learn everything in that short of time, but I've had advanced chem, bio and anatomy in high school and chem 110, bio 110 as well as some other classes my first year of premed. So I have a decent base to go from. I decided to change course to get my emt and work my way up to paramedic or nurse. Didn't want all that debt and all those years to go through medical school but knew I still wanted to be in the medical field.