EMT Discounts on AED's?

Califteacher

Forum Probie
Hello. I am interested in buying a Philips Heartstart FX AED to use on some jobs that I take at remote locations. I am typically on my own, without any on-site 911 back-up, and want to be better prepared. The Philips FX looks like a reasonable choice.

In any case, I wondered if anyone knew of a company offering any real discounts to the EMS profession? I found some companies that charge more and then turn around and pretend to offer a 10% discount. I am looking for a real discount.

Thanks in advance.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
In any case, I wondered if anyone knew of a company offering any real discounts to the EMS profession? I found some companies that charge more and then turn around and pretend to offer a 10% discount. I am looking for a real discount.
Why do you think a healthcare company should offer a discount to an ems professional? it's something we need, and it's part of their business. Should an oxygen supply company offer an ems discount? if you buy an ambulance, should they offer an ems discount? should J&J offer an EMS discount on trauma dressings and bandaids?

Don't get me wrong, I like discounts as much as the next guy, but when it comes to items that are the cost of doing business, asking for discounts because we are in EMS sounds uncouth.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello. I am interested in buying a Philips Heartstart FX AED to use on some jobs that I take at remote locations. I am typically on my own, without any on-site 911 back-up, and want to be better prepared. The Philips FX looks like a reasonable choice.

Thanks in advance.
You may want to consider refurbished units.

OP
OP
C

Califteacher

Forum Probie
Why do you think a healthcare company should offer a discount to an ems professional? it's something we need, and it's part of their business. Should an oxygen supply company offer an ems discount? if you buy an ambulance, should they offer an ems discount? should J&J offer an EMS discount on trauma dressings and bandaids?

Don't get me wrong, I like discounts as much as the next guy, but when it comes to items that are the cost of doing business, asking for discounts because we are in EMS sounds uncouth.
My point was that I am buying an AED out of my own pocket, rather than it being purchased by a large business that can just write it off or get a volume discount. The company I work for, Event Medics, does not require or provide and AED on their smaller jobs, so I am buying one because it seems like the right thing to do. I just wondered if there was a company that gives a discount to an individual EMT making a private purchase.

In the end, I am buying a refurbished Philips FRX AED in the $700 range that comes with a four-year warranty, that can be extended for two more years.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant

Thanks in advance.
I've seen a few cohorts use this company.

FYI, Some companies will price match so shop around for specials etc.

OP
OP
C

Califteacher

Forum Probie
Thank you. I ended up getting a good deal at on a refurbished Philips Heartstart FRX AED with a four-year warranty--I added two more years for an additional $79. Now I'm good to go.