EMT-B Training Massachusetts

Towersofbooks

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I'm a future EMT student looking into EMT-B classes in Central Massachusetts and have been checking out the list of state certified places. Does anyone have any experience with any of the schools in this area? I'm looking for a place with a solid reputation as a good school before I spend the money on the class.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm an eastern mass guy, so i cant help you with specific schools; but if you can read at at least an eight grade level, memorize small quantities of information, and understand some relatively basic concepts, the school you go to wont matter so much. Basic school isn't terrifically complex or challenging, provided you dont have learning disabilities or such.

Bottom line is any state licensed school will most likely be fine for you. I don't recommend the shake and bake emt boot camp style classes, but to each their own. If that's the path you choose, just be aware you're going to be expected to swallow the emt course book like a pelican and yack it back up verbatim in about a month. If that kind of high speed low drag learning isn't your strong suit, take a traditional course.