EMT-B Jobs in Central New York

nyranger

Forum Ride Along
Hi i just passed my EMT-B exam in Syracuse New York and was wondering where i could find a job the agency i volunteer at wont hire until your 21. And i don't know where to look for a job and suggestions or if anyone knows someone in Syracuse that is looking for EMT'S the information would help :)

DavidM

Forum Probie
I work one county over in the Mid-state region but some of the guys I work with also work in Syracuse. I don't know specifically who's hiring right now but the best bet is just to apply everywhere even if they say they aren't currently hiring.

One of my partners works at TLC and has always been positive on it. The other works at Rural/Metro and seems happy with it.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
almost everyone from the syracuse area starts their career at R/M. they hire as young as 18, but don't pay well.

so while it's great for a single person, most people who work there, and get their paramedic, usually end up leaving for a career firefighter position or as a career paramedic position at one of the county EMS agencies when they get married. but they tend to stay at R/M per diem.

you can also look at EAVES, I know they hire EMTs. NAVAC didn't when I was in the Syracuse Area.

look at signal99.com, they sometimes post jobs on their forums page.