EMT-B books to study for NREMT

DM1995

Forum Probie
I am new to this forum but I am looking for some information to help pass the NREMT. Just finished a EMT-B class and very soon I will be faced with taking the NREMT for the first time. A few days ago I bought a book by Stephen J. Rahm called "EMT-Basic Review Manual for National Certification". It seems like a good book and probably will be of some help however I would like to hear some opinions on other books or websites. Everyone tells me to get a book called "Success for the EMT" however I read online that parts of it may be slightly out of date and the information can be wrong, and that concerned me some. Any information will be greatly appreciated and like I said Im open to suggestions of websites and other study material as well.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I think review books are probably a waste of time unless there are big gaps in your content knowledge. At this point, I would recommend signing up on one of the practice website: JBLearning, EMTPrep, etc. Do practice questions for a few hours every day, analyze each question you get wrong and figure out why you got it wrong. I think lots of practice questions is the key to doing well on a test like this.

It's easy to look at a passage in a book and say "yeah, I know this" when you actually don't. You can't BS a test question though - you either know it or you don't. And if you don't know the answer, that's an opportunity to learn something.

OP
OP
D

DM1995

Forum Probie
I checked out JBLearning and I really like that. Thanks for suggesting it.

Claytonemt

Forum Ride Along
Just passed practical and took NREMT today. Waiting my results. I did sign up for a study website. I really think it helped. It at least got me used to the type of questions and style of testing. The website had a NREMT simulation exam that I took everyday.

Jane

Forum Crew Member
I've been using LC-Ready to study and really like it. I paid and took a review class in which the instructor gave us free access to it, along with a review manual that she has written. I've been using those two resources and really haven't gone looking for any other ones.