TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ift or 911?

OP
OP
U

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
IFT, with a few exclusive contracts requiring emergency response.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
IFT, with a few exclusive contracts requiring emergency response.

I'm not sure I understand what "exclusive contracts requiring emergency response" means. I hear interesting things about Falck NE, and would love to learn more.

Does this mean SNF emergency contracts? Urgent care or outpatient healthcare? Event or private property standby? Does this euphemism just not mean anything in my area?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Just putting out the word that American Ambulance of Central Florida (a division of Falck Northeast) is looking to hire around 30 EMT's and Paramedics this month of February. No EMS job experience required.

To apply as EMT-B: https://americanambulance.candidatecare.jobs/jobPositions/preview/493

To apply as EMT-P:
https://americanambulance.candidatecare.jobs/jobPositions/preview/590

American Ambulance of Central Florida
3747 Silver Star Rd
Orlando, FL 32808

Phone: 407-822-3700

I'd love to learn more about working at American in Florida. What are shift/schedules like? Benefits available to new employees? Are most trucks double medic, PB, PA, etc.? What is equipment like? Education offerings to employees? What is overall employee retention/tenure?

Thanks!

OP
OP
U

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not sure I understand what "exclusive contracts requiring emergency response" means. I hear interesting things about Falck NE, and would love to learn more.

Does this mean SNF emergency contracts? Urgent care or outpatient healthcare? Event or private property standby? Does this euphemism just not mean anything in my area?

We have a contract with the VA clinic requiring emergency response if they ask for it (generally for chest pain). Same goes for many of the local smaller ERs that need patients transferred to larger hospitals.
We do pretty much everything that 911 doesn't.

Most trucks are BLS or single medic, though we have a dedicated CCT truck and 3 24-hour station strucks with CCT capabilities.

Educational opportunities are slowly starting to pick up as Falck begins paying us more attention.

Scheduling is the best part, as they are very flexible with shift requests. Most are 12 hours long, but there are also 8 and 24 hour shifts available.

I don't hold any sort of official/managerial position, but I can redirect you to someone who can give you more details.

Call 407-822-3700 and ask for Danielle, our HR officer.

Last edited by a moderator:

newskimmer

Forum Ride Along
We have a contract with the VA clinic requiring emergency response if they ask for it (generally for chest pain). Same goes for many of the local smaller ERs that need patients transferred to larger hospitals.
We do pretty much everything that 911 doesn't.

Most trucks are BLS or single medic, though we have a dedicated CCT truck and 3 24-hour station strucks with CCT capabilities.

Educational opportunities are slowly starting to pick up as Falck begins paying us more attention.

Scheduling is the best part, as they are very flexible with shift requests. Most are 12 hours long, but there are also 8 and 24 hour shifts available.

I don't hold any sort of official/managerial position, but I can redirect you to someone who can give you more details.

Call 407-822-3700 and ask for April, our HR manager.

Whats the hiring process like? Would it be best to walk in and fill out the application? thnaks for your time.

newskimmer

Forum Ride Along
For EMT's it is just a (very easy) written test, followed by an interview.

I met someone who works for american and they said that they are for the most part, constantly hiring. I already filled out an application, how long does it usually take before they get back to you?

Thanks again

OP
OP
U

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
I met someone who works for american and they said that they are for the most part, constantly hiring. I already filled out an application, how long does it usually take before they get back to you?

Thanks again

Just asked HR and they said it should take maybe 3-4 weeks. We just hired 2 groups back to back.