EMS Week - May 15-21

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
2005emsweeklogo.gif

So whatcha doing for EMS week?

I didn't work EMS week last year, but a couple years ago I did ride-alongs during EMS week, and it was great. I enjoyed the free food, pens, and all that good stuff.

Usually hospitals give us absolutely nothing besides cups for water. It's nice to be treated... nice.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
The Corps is doing an open house on the 15th, I don't think the FD is doing anything because I didn't plan anything! LOLOLOL!

possum

Forum Crew Member
I HAVE TO SAY THE HOSPITALS IN AREA GIVES US T SHIRTS. THIS YEAR THE SQUAD IS HAVING AN OPEN HOUSE FOR ALL AGES. ON MAY 21 WE ARE HAVING A WALK-A-THON FOR THE BREAST CANER. JUST TO HELP OUT AND TO MAKE YOUR SQUAD STAND OUT

POSSUM

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Our dept does nothing for us, guess they dont budget for it...(dripping sarcasm included)
Duke usually hooks us up with a shirt, and they make all the nurses play nice for a day...lol

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I think I saw some place that we are suppose to be having an open house for our new saftey complex. Which I haven't heard anything about ambulance personel moving anything. But we have a meeting this week so I am sure we will hear about it. Cause I think that the fire department is moving some if not all of thier stuff Monday.

Other wise we usually put a squad picture in the paper and a little article about EMS week. That is about all we do.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We don't do anything other than pray we don't get any of those "special" calls.

Of course, we do that every week and it hasn't worked so far.

BloodNGlory02

Forum Crew Member
we get treated to cook outs put on by the ER nurses at 3 of our regular hospitals. provided you transport a patient to that hospital on that day, during said times. usually never works out for us :(

emt/fr

Forum Probie
Some of the dept members do a teddy bear clinic for the school kids. and usually both of the hospitals have a meal and a speaker for us.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Yea so you know I mention the open house thing it is a ribbon cutting at oh around 1300 so yea no one will be there to represent the fire/ambulance. SMart thing rihgt.

Also found out that fire hasn't moved anything yet and we aren't planning on moving stuff till next month cuz hopefully we will have cabinets to put stuff in. So we will find out whats going on some time.