EMS Supplies

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Where is the best place to get EMS supplies: bandages, sam splints, etc.?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've only purchased from Galls and Emergency Medical Products Inc (BuyEMP.com).

I think both offer relatively good deals, but I'm not sure I would buy from them if I had to buy supplies for the entire department, I would probably shop around a bit more.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
We use Galls and Moore Medical.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Feb 8 2005, 01:50 PM
We use Galls and Moore Medical.
EMP, Moore, Allied, BoundTree, Galls, EMS USA, - shop around, some have beeter prieces on different things

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
You just reminded me - we use BoundTree too... mostly for ALS stuff but I don't order that stuff - I have an "ALS Coordinator" that handles that.

I like Galls because they let me set up a direct billing relationship... I buy online, they bill the district treasurer.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
V.E. Ralph

I ordered by credit card at 2:30pm on a Monday, and the items arrived at 10:30am Tuesday. They sent the package over night, express with UPS-For FREE. That's even better than just plain old free shipping!

shorthairedpunk

Forum Lieutenant
Boundtree and EMP merged, but both are still available

Moore was bought ough by Mckesson Medical, but is still around

Tri-Anim is a newer company, but Ill tell you what they have awesome reps who will bring anything you want for an on site demo, even bandages, and their prices are good

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by shorthairedpunk@Feb 26 2005, 10:24 PM
Boundtree and EMP merged, but both are still available

Moore was bought ough by Mckesson Medical, but is still around

Tri-Anim is a newer company, but Ill tell you what they have awesome reps who will bring anything you want for an on site demo, even bandages, and their prices are good
My classmate does purchasing for her squad and uses "EMS Warehouse" ???? in New York. - She loves it - they usually beat EMP or Moore, when she quotes their price, and they send her samples of EVERYTHING new.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Feb 7 2005, 02:46 PM
sam splints
Oh - and there are supposed to be new "no-name" but just as good SAM splints out now.

For half the price

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Structural, Aluminum, Malleable - Splints are just about the greatest thing since sliced bread..

A couple SAMs and a dozen cravats and you've got yourself a kit outfitted for any off-road adventure.

If only they cost a bit less; 12-14 a piece are a bit much, even though they are great. I bought a dozen on eBay for 9.99. I just have to stop getting angry when the ER throws them away. I wash the used ones and add them to my wilderness kit.