EMS/search and resue competitions

okiemedic

BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor
Hi folks!!

I was just wondering. Does anybody know of any good EMS and search and rescue competitions around the US? I just thought it'd be kinda cool to do something like that to hone in some skills..

I don't plan on working for an IFT company my whole career. I really want to be the best I can be.........

When I go to work all I see is overweight unmotivated EMT and medics..I don't wanna be that person........

I believe that if you are in any one spot in this industry for too long. You'll trap yourself...Example is working for IFT forever with no 911 experience....

I'm not like alot of people who are using EMT as a bridge to something else..I wanna be in a rig or out in the forest/mountains searching for a stranded person..or caring for that person who may have had a heart attack on in a hike....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've heard of SAR demos, never competitions. Most SAR teams are volunteer.

I know that my pro ski patrol gig we don't compete to hone in our skills we train. Same with my beach patrol job in the summer.

OP
OP
O

okiemedic

BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor
Maybe I worded that wrong...Training/competitions...

I strongly believe in continuing education..I know alot of guys who just get there certs..Do their CEU's and that is it.....

I wanna get dirty, learn and have fun!...

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Creighton university hosts a ems competition every year. Last year they had twenty or so teams. A lot of local teams along with national teams competed. It was a lot of fun.
Should be on there EMS web site.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Sorry that came off kinda rude, it's been a long day. I agree with wanting to get your hands dirty, everything we do is scenario based and spur of the moment for the most part. That is just how the places that I work do things.

Another competition of sorts is the JEMS games at their conference every year, but you have to be affiliated with an agency to compete.