EMS Proof Phone Cases

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've broken many a cell phone.

I've cracked my phone's screen for the third time in less than a year.

What case should I be using for my iPhone?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I use the otterbox defender. I have not had any issues with broken phones.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I put a word in for the highest level of the Ballistic case. Price is about the same but the quality is much better, IMO.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I generally have had good luck without cases on my phones (except that one time I dropped it causing the glass, digitizer and screen to die). Since you have an iPhone, your options are many. I have a Nexus 6, options are few... Just remember that you first must:

39053870.jpg

cprted

Forum Captain
I had an Otterbox Defender but managed to break the clip ... case looked a little beaten after 3 years but did a good job protecting the phone. I'd get another one.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I have the Otterbox Defender as well, but for my Galaxy S5. Love it.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
I wouldn’t buy another Otterbox Defender for my iPhone. The mute button on the side stopped working at about 13 months. Out of warranty, so I can either leave my phone muted all the time, or at its lowest volume settings for times I need to be quiet. I will say my iPhone hasn’t suffered any damage in two years, so the case does do a great job at protecting the phone itself.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I wouldn’t buy another Otterbox Defender for my iPhone. The mute button on the side stopped working at about 13 months. Out of warranty, so I can either leave my phone muted all the time, or at its lowest volume settings for times I need to be quiet. I will say my iPhone hasn’t suffered any damage in two years, so the case does do a great job at protecting the phone itself.
Otterbox has a lifetime warranty. Hell they just replaced my whole case for all of 4 dollars to cover shipping

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have an Otterbox Preserver which has held up for a yea pretty decently. And it's waterproof, so the next time I drop a phone in the station toilet while trying to clean it, things will be better.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Thanks for the advice. I picked up an Otteerbox Defender and will hope for the best.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Otterbox has a lifetime warranty. Hell they just replaced my whole case for all of 4 dollars to cover shipping

I talked to a nice Otterbox person just now. Nope, they no longer make the Otterbox Preserver, so not covered. And the Preserver only had a one year warranty. Yes, the case has done a good job at protecting my phone, but not being able to mute the sounds is really annoying.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I've heard of iPhone screens cracking all the time. Friends complain about cracking them over and over again. My suggestion to them is to get a Galaxy. I've dropped mine many times and never cracked it. I have Ghost Armor on the screen and just a little wallet case. :p:D:cool:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I talked to a nice Otterbox person just now. Nope, they no longer make the Otterbox Preserver, so not covered. And the Preserver only had a one year warranty. Yes, the case has done a good job at protecting my phone, but not being able to mute the sounds is really annoying.
I am also annoyed that I can't warranty this anymore. I cracked mine the other day and I doubt it's waterproof anymore.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the lifeproof case. 1 year warranty and it's durable as hell. I've had them on all my iPhones. It's survived a fire season, hunting, mountain biking, countless drops, ran it over in a fire engine, oh and it's survived the ambulance so far.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
I've used Lifeproof cases for a while and they're good and tough. Also, if you're on the Promotive Fire/Rescue team, you can get 25% off.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Govx.com also has good discounts for them

I've heard of iPhone screens cracking all the time. Friends complain about cracking them over and over again. My suggestion to them is to get a Galaxy. I've dropped mine many times and never cracked it. I have Ghost Armor on the screen and just a little wallet case. :p:D:cool:
Hey now... I've only broken my iPhone 5 screen three times! [emoji23]