Ems in dekalb county Georgia

Melissa pineda

Forum Ride Along
I'm an EMT in California for AMR
And was looking to move to clarkston, Georgia or somewhere around that area. I was wondering does AMR out there run 911? Or where in dekalb county does Amr run 911....if they do? Also how is it?
Any advice or input would be much appreciated
Thank you in advance

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
AMR has the complete Dekalb County contract. They run an all-ALS system with I/P trucks. Dekalb is a big county that can take you anywhere from close to the city to outskirts with longer transport times. Standard Georgia EMS protocols. Some fire department based first response.

EMS Pursuit

Forum Probie
I am looking at that counties EMS Jobs and right now there are a good amount of AMR jobs in Dekalb available to apply to right now! I see a couple firefighter jobs as well in that county.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Have a coworker from is from Dekalb and moved back there. Primary ALS 911, he says he get's at least 1 full code per shift. Pay is way better than anything you'll see on the West Coast.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Have a coworker from is from Dekalb and moved back there. Primary ALS 911, he says he get's at least 1 full code per shift. Pay is way better than anything you'll see on the West Coast.

Seriously? As someone who lived in both WA and now in GA, I find that difficult to believe.

And "at least one code per shift"? I also call BS on that.

Rcoddington

Forum Probie
I work in Dekalb PT it's a decent system. High call volume 20+ Day units in the county. Having a lot of staffing issues right now. Have separate 911 units and IFT units. Decent equipment and decent trucks. Night and weekend shift diff. Medics start out around 19 an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Melissa pineda

Forum Ride Along
I work in Dekalb PT it's a decent system. High call volume 20+ Day units in the county. Having a lot of staffing issues right now. Have separate 911 units and IFT units. Decent equipment and decent trucks. Night and weekend shift diff. Medics start out around 19 an hour

I work as an emt b out here in california and work on a 911 car. I want to know if I'll be able to get in all 911 car out here starting out or do I start out as an Ift car? Or is it only als medic rigs running 911 calls?

Rcoddington

Forum Probie
I work as an emt b out here in california and work on a 911 car. I want to know if I'll be able to get in all 911 car out here starting out or do I start out as an Ift car? Or is it only als medic rigs running 911 calls?

They're so short. I'm sure you could get on a 911 truck to start out. There's at least 6-8 slots in filled everyday for 911 trucks alone not counting call outs.