EMS/Fire/LE video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
At the risk of being called a wanker lol, are there any decent video games portraying the first responder community? I can't remember the name of it but I had a first person firefighter PC game back when XP was the new hotness lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Only game I have ever played that had fire/Police/EMS is grand theift auto hahaha

You guys remember the firefighting arcade game that was usually at movie theatres or Gameworks? Where the controller was a fire hose? That's all I can think of for fire/ems.

In regards to LE, check out all the Police Quest games. Pretty authentic. The SWAT game franchise was a successor to Police Quest.

Also, like Desert said, you can't go wrong with GTA.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You guys remember the firefighting arcade game that was usually at movie theatres or Gameworks? Where the controller was a fire hose? That's all I can think of for fire/ems.

In regards to LE, check out all the Police Quest games. Pretty authentic. The SWAT game franchise was a successor to Police Quest.

Also, like Desert said, you can't go wrong with GTA.

Is that the one where you stand there and move around to avoid bullets and to hide and what not?

I always thought they could've made a rad LE game off the Time Crisis platform. The one where you stepmom the foot-pedal to stand up from behind cover to shoot then let it go to hide and reload.

That firefighting game was a lot of fun!

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
There's a games series out of Germany for PC called Emergency. I recommend Emergency 4 which was called 911 First Responders in the US. It's a top down command game for all services and has missions, and a freeplay map where it randomly throws accidents at you in your city. It's older, but has a large modding community in the US and Europe.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
There's a games series out of Germany for PC called Emergency. I recommend Emergency 4 which was called 911 First Responders in the US. It's a top down command game for all services and has missions, and a freeplay map where it randomly throws accidents at you in your city. It's older, but has a large modding community in the US and Europe.

I always chuckled at sending crews to things they could not handle.

Is that the one where you stand there and move around to avoid bullets and to hide and what not?

I always thought they could've made a rad LE game off the Time Crisis platform. The one where you stepmom the foot-pedal to stand up from behind cover to shoot then let it go to hide and reload.

Yessir, that's Police Quest. Swat was a more polished version of that series.

JPINFV

Gadfly

There was an LE themed arcade game from Japan that relied on motion sensors.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKa9aC6gQ8[/YOUTUBE]

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT

Personally I'd stay away from 2013 or 2012... They're really bad sequels that were released after the original company was bought out. I'd stay with 4, or wait for Emergency 5 which is set to get the series back on track.

There was supposed to be an edition of 2012 called 2012 professional. It was set to be a very realistic simulator, but was scrapped for 5.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Personally I'd stay away from 2013 or 2012... They're really bad sequels that were released after the original company was bought out. I'd stay with 4, or wait for Emergency 5 which is set to get the series back on track.

There was supposed to be an edition of 2012 called 2012 professional. It was set to be a very realistic simulator, but was scrapped for 5.

Good to know. I've never played any of them. Besides, after the Steam Summer Sale, I've got too little time, and too many games!

Rockies

Forum Crew Member
If there were truly a game that simulated emt shifts. it would be so boring you wouldnt even play it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Or hospital shifts. "Ok, team, let's go round on our 25 patients and listen to the 3rd year medical student give awkward patient presentations. At least the hilariously out of touch treatment plans will bring a bit of humor."

Anjel

Forum Angel
Mydoctorgames.com has an ambulance section lol

J B

Forum Lieutenant
Medics can do brain transplants in some states right?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3AM6fj3gE[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.