EMS Boots

ride2k

Forum Crew Member
I am looking for some steel toed boots.
I find that my pink painted-on converse don't look the greatest with EMS pants. :p
Does anyone know the best place to find some good boots? Specifically for women?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Ask your local female paramedics or cops.

Get good socks too.
There's an extensive thread about boots in here somewhere..

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
These are what I have and I am a women and love them. They are really comfortable, durable, and light. http://www.magnumboots.com/us/prod/5310.asp Also they have a composite toe which is just as good as steel but way lighter

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
The only problem with those, is they're not waterproof.... Sigh, we women can never find what we need!

EMTCop86

Forum Captain

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
They do have boots that are waterproof but none that are both waterproof with composite or steel toe. I'm sure there are a ton of boots out there but I really love the magnums.

http://www.magnumboots.com/us/series_stealthforce.asp

Yes, I know, I currently wear Stealth II side-zip waterproofs. I want the safety toe, but, I'm going to have to give up the waterproof or the brand to get it.... I'm looking into a brand recommended by my partner, but, I'm not going to buy until I can try them on. The waterproof is a must for me, makes it easier to recover from a nasty trauma. Not that I've actually had one of those yet.

reaper

Working Bum
What does water proof have to do with a Trauma?

All boots can be made water resistant. That is all you need. No boot is waterproof!

Find one that you like and that fits comfortably. Then apply a silicone wax to the boot. This helps it resist water.

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
Check out "Bates". I own 2 pairs and love 'em both. The are goretex and very comfy. Also, I wear them with "smart wool" socks.

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
What does water proof have to do with a Trauma?

All boots can be made water resistant. That is all you need. No boot is waterproof!

Find one that you like and that fits comfortably. Then apply a silicone wax to the boot. This helps it resist water.

Probably easier to wash the fluids off your boot with out soaking it or letting that mess inside

Scout

Para-Noid
No boot is waterproof!

Amm wrong.

I have many boots that are waterproof, as in a full weekend in bog and streams on the mountains or walking up streams for hours. The only point at which my boots are not water proof is when the water comes in over the top.

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
Amm wrong.

I have many boots that are waterproof, as in a full weekend in bog and streams on the mountains or walking up streams for hours. The only point at which my boots are not water proof is when the water comes in over the top.

I think that's what he meant...? :p Maybe not.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
GRXi%20Neoprene%20Waders-L.jpg

imurphy

Forum Captain
Amm wrong.

Oh man I remember that! Ahh for bivvying!

I got a GREAT pair of boots visiting my family in law in Vermont. Steel toe, Gortex and just SO warm and comfortable. Also Steel Toed

They're by Bass, can't find a direct website but a quick google shows loads of hits!

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I ABSOLUTELY HATE my womens Magnum steel toe boots. HATE THEM.

For that matter, I hate my other Magnums.

I'm currently in a pair of womens Danner side zip(Telson's I think they are) which I love. they are chunkier than I really love, but they are super light and very comfortable. PS, these are not steel toed, its not a requirement for my company and I'm taking comfort over safety. Steel toe boots kill my toenails.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
See, I LOVE my Women's Magnum's. They're not steel or composite toed, which isn't a requirement where I work either, but, I have been run over a few times, so, I'd like them.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I also love my magnum's. I also will never get boots without a composite or steel toe required or not. I crushed my toe while doing ladder training with the fire department once and that once was enough for me.

hellofirstresponders

Forum Crew Member
I have Red Wings. Those are by far the most comfortable pair of boots that I've ever worn. Not even my wildland boots which have been seriously broken into will never compare to the first day I slapped those red wings on.

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
I have Red Wings. Those are by far the most comfortable pair of boots that I've ever worn. Not even my wildland boots which have been seriously broken into will never compare to the first day I slapped those red wings on.

Aren't those super expensive though? I guess you get what you pay for.