EMR in training

George Arms

Forum Ride Along
Just started class to become a EMR (MRT) any advice would help thank you

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
Are you getting your EMR as a special add on for your current job or getting it for an EMR gig? If it’s the latter, I highly doubt anyone hires EMR’s as a singular role. Usually EMT’s are the entry level providers in EMS. As for advice I would say always ask questions. Ask ask ask.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Go to class, pay attention, study for your test, move on.

If you’d come here for advice before registering for the class, almost all of us would have advised you not to bother as it’s nearly a worthless card(except as an add on for other professions requiring it); but you didn’t, so about all I have to offer is DBAA and DFIU.

OP
OP
G

George Arms

Forum Ride Along
Are you getting your EMR as a special add on for your current job or getting it for an EMR gig? If it’s the latter, I highly doubt anyone hires EMR’s as a singular role. Usually EMT’s are the entry level providers in EMS. As for advice I would say always ask questions. Ask ask ask.
I'm getting it as I am volunteer ff and my dept runs the ambulance

OP
OP
G

George Arms

Forum Ride Along
Go to class, pay attention, study for your test, move on.

If you’d come here for advice before registering for the class, almost all of us would have advised you not to bother as it’s nearly a worthless card(except as an add on for other professions requiring it); but you didn’t, so about all I have to offer is DBAA and DFIU.
it will be an add on for my volunteer fire dept

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Just started class to become a EMR (MRT) any advice would help thank you
The class should be about 40 hours in length and fairly basic. It's all about skills, getting a brief medical history, and getting the patient ready to be handed off to EMTs or Medics. Take your time, ask questions, and practice your skills.