employment in mass

dpopkin

Forum Probie
if anyone can help me out in employment in southeastern mass give me a shout been looking for 2 months and nothing i would appreciate any help thanks.

dan

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Do you not know what companies exist in the area? OEMS maintains a list of providers on their website (mass.gov/dph/oems), but some privates to consider include Alert, Exodus, Cape Cod Ambulance, AMR, Stat, etc

What kind of job are you looking for? What are your credentials? EMT? Paramedic? Dispatcher? Do you want to work in a Fire Department? Private? Municipal?
What have you done to look over the past 2 months?

OP
OP
D

dpopkin

Forum Probie
i worked for a privet for 6 months and i got laid off im an emt-b but seems no one is hiring.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
dpopkin, I'm sorry to hear you were laid off from a private service, I actually wasn't aware any company was laying employees off.
Have you called/emailed some of the privates I mentioned? Submitted Applications? Visited? Sat for Inerviews? What have you done to improve your resume or application?

feldy

Forum Captain
There may be a bit of a turn over at some companies coming up in the next month with some people going back to school. (both EMTs and Techs).

OP
OP
D

dpopkin

Forum Probie
ya i have called and go down to put in applications for almost every company around here and some north shore i am actually getting my resumé redone now. ever time i go in for an interview i get the same o we will call u back never do so i end up calling a week later and nothing. i hope in the next few weeks they r hiring cause everyone going back to school. i actually have an interview at SSH this mon so i hope i get it

Thanach

Forum Crew Member
Try Cataldo, they are always hiring, it's a bit of a process, prehire testing, interview, etc... but they pay one of the highest rates in the state and treat their employees well.

EasCare and Alert hire quite often

Fallon has had a hiring freeze for almost a year at this point, AMR too...

Alert you'll do a lot of VA-VA calls, EasCare is NH, Dialysis and Discharges, Cataldo depending on what division you end up in can end up doing a good ammount of 911, or IFT's and discharges all day long.