Employment and driving record question

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
Hello all,
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question.
I am going to be looking for employment as a emt in massachusetts, but I was curious on what companies are looking for in a driving record.
I have no speeding or DUI'S or anything like that but on my driving record I have a suspension because of not going to jury duty and a suspension because I didn't pay a ticket because of a inspection sticker...
Do companies see something like that and pass you right over or do you actually get a chance to explain and get employment.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
ChrisC5928

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
Are companies looking for a squeaky clean driving record or just not the bad stuff like speeding, DUI'S etc.?

olaf1988

Forum Crew Member
Are companies looking for a squeaky clean driving record or just not the bad stuff like speeding, DUI'S etc.?

I'm not sure about MA specifically, but I think sometimes it can play a large role in the hiring decision for most companies. If they are deciding between you and a candidate with a clear driving record they will probably pick the guy with the clear record. I've talked to supervisors who have said that they look at driving records for how responsible the candidate is as well. To be honest, they might overlook it, but both of those suspensions could be seen as a lack of responsibility because they are both things that you failed to handle. I doubt it would exclude you, but it doesn't help your application.

OP
OP
ChrisC5928

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
Yah and I definitely agree with you... I've looked around at alot of other forums asking roughly the same question and I've come to the conclusion that I will probably be asked to explain and it's nothing that bad just missed jury duty lol but at the same time your right. I emailed a few ambulance companies and asked them just for piece of mind... I'm going to be taking the nremt in a few weeks so I don't need any more stressful thinking lol
Thanks tho guys for your responses