ECG Monitor Simulator

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I'm looking at dofferent options to get a monitor simulator for teaching. iSimulate and ALSi are too expemsive at 9k or so for a single unit. DART is about $900 for a full setup but most of the reviews make me on the fence about it.
Another option is buying an old LP12 or Zoll M or the like from eBay (500 or so) and get a rhythm generator (anywhere from 150 to 1400). What are y'all using for monitor simulators?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
In medic school, it was just a Zoll that was hooked up to a keyboard looking thing with different rhythms for each button. Seemed to work perfectly fine for the given situation.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In medic school, it was just a Zoll that was hooked up to a keyboard looking thing with different rhythms for each button. Seemed to work perfectly fine for the given situation.
That's honestly what I'm debating. But the rhythm generators can get expensive and it won't simulate anything other than rate and rhythm. Im gonna be using it to teach acls,pals,phtls, and amls

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That's honestly what I'm debating. But the rhythm generators can get expensive and it won't simulate anything other than rate and rhythm. Im gonna be using it to teach acls,pals,phtls, and amls
Would you really need much more than that for the alphabet soup classes?

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Would you really need much more than that for the alphabet soup classes?
For amls it would be nice. But i get your point about the video card courses.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My hospital uses DARTsim. I don’t love it.
I have a rhythm generator for my ZOLL e series. I use that for ACLS and PALS usually.