Drug test question

CIRUS454

Forum Crew Member
I noticed on most drug tests that the cutoff level for "Opiates" is 2000 ng/ml. Does Oxycodone fall under this category since it is classified as an opiate,or is there a specific cutoff level for it. I am asking due to a recent issue with a friend at his work in Florida. Thanks.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm willing to bet it counts. He/she hopefully has a script for it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
No comment

Commonsavage

Forum Crew Member
I noticed on most drug tests that the cutoff level for "Opiates" is 2000 ng/ml. Does Oxycodone fall under this category since it is classified as an opiate,or is there a specific cutoff level for it. I am asking due to a recent issue with a friend at his work in Florida. Thanks.

I suggest that your "friend" study real hard for that test.

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Of course someone on Oxycodone will test positive for opiates.

I don't see a problem with it if they have a script, but who knows.

mycrofft

Shave head. It's detectable in hair.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I don't see a problem with it if they have a script, but who knows.

This^

As long as they are upfront and honest, shouldn't be a problem. I had to take a drug test for nursing school recently, and I disclosed the med I was potentially going to be on at the time of testing to my instructor and they basically just said "have the prescription ready, and if they call you in just explain it!"

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
The test will be reviewed by a medical officer who is in charge of checking all positive tests. The officer will contact your friend and ask if he/she is on any prescription medicines. The medical officer will then ask your friend for records from the pharmacy where the meds were filled. Basically they want to see receipts or refill info from the last refill date. I've had this happen. As long as you have a valid script that was filled at a pharmacy it's not a big deal.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
The test will be reviewed by a medical officer who is in charge of checking all positive tests. The officer will contact your friend and ask if he/she is on any prescription medicines. The medical officer will then ask your friend for records from the pharmacy where the meds were filled. Basically they want to see receipts or refill info from the last refill date. I've had this happen. As long as you have a valid script that was filled at a pharmacy it's not a big deal.

This is standard operating procedure for DOT pre employment,random and post accident testing for people with safety sensitive positions. As long as there is a perscription,an MD and a pharmacy your good to go. The medical review officer will contact the person and as long as everything looks good they will over rule the positive result. The employer will never know there was a positive result.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Shave head. It's detectable in hair.

Is your head the only place they will extract from when there is nothing there to offer?

Full body wax!

mycrofft

That came to mind after I hit POST, but I didn't go there. ;)