Driving Record

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
Hello, sorry to hound you guys with another driving record question but I searched and I couldn't an answer to my question...I had an interview today and everything went really well but I had 2 tickets for seat belt violations (i know, im an idiot) and my interviewee said he would have to check with their insurance to see if it would be affected. I checked my H-6 and I don't have any points or any serious offenses but would 2 seat belt violations really make their insurance go up? Because I know it didn't go up on mine...Thanks

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hello, sorry to hound you guys with another driving record question but I searched and I couldn't an answer to my question...I had an interview today and everything went really well but I had 2 tickets for seat belt violations (i know, im an idiot) and my interviewee said he would have to check with their insurance to see if it would be affected. I checked my H-6 and I don't have any points or any serious offenses but would 2 seat belt violations really make their insurance go up? Because I know it didn't go up on mine...Thanks

Probably not.

We have a matrix they use to determine if new hires are insurable.

You can have 3 tickets or 3 at-fault accidents or any combination of the two to a total of 3. That puts you right on the cusp of insurable/uninsurable though. Any felonious ticket is an automatic disqualifier. Reckless driving, wet and reckless and DUIs are as well.

***No, you cannot quote me or be mad at me if you don't get hired because of your seatbelt tickets.***

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Seat belt violations are non moving violations in most places. That means no points are assessed and would have no effect on your insurance.

JPINFV

Gadfly
CVC 27315 does not carry a point, which is why it should always be contested via trial by declaration at a minimum.