don't you just love it when. ..

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
You ask the patient a question and they just laugh at you. Granted the old man is confused but to give a pain scale from 1-10 is not that hard.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Some people have real trouble with that question. Others calmly tell you 10/10.

For those people. I use the faces pain scale. Someone tells me 9/10 pain when it's an obvious exaggeration, I give them a score of one or two using FACES. Otherwise, QA/QI wants to know why I didn't medicate the 9/10 pain.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Sometimes it seems as we ask them to solve fractions.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Some people have real trouble with that question. Others calmly tell you 10/10.

For those people. I use the faces pain scale. Someone tells me 9/10 pain when it's an obvious exaggeration, I give them a score of one or two using FACES. Otherwise, QA/QI wants to know why I didn't medicate the 9/10 pain.

One of the triage nurses at a hospital I used to work at would, when confronted with someone calmly claiming 10/10 pain, say, "No, a 10/10 would be if I ripped your arm out and started beating you over the head with it. Let's try this again."

I hold that in equal parts awe and horror.

JPINFV

Gadfly
You ask the patient a question and they just laugh at you. Granted the old man is confused but to give a pain scale from 1-10 is not that hard.
uk6Yg34233.jpg

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Lol

rugbyguy

Forum Crew Member
I love it when the "Super stroked out" lady has her effected side change 5+ times. Claim has no medical history and is on no meds. Then get to the ER, and turns out she has had 2 MI's, has A-Fib, and is on a huge list of meds.