Doggone!

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
a dog could do it

CALVERT, Md. (AP) — Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

i guess i was wrong all those years i taught aha & arc, telling people a monkey could do this, it was dogs all along....

in fact, maybe the arc (more likely than the aha) could create a brand new pet owners course on the tails of such canine courage

i figure shepards and goldens are big enough to do compressions, maybe the jack russell sized dogs could take a pulse, and the ankle biters could jump on the lifeline button, or dial 911 and yap thier little heads off

maybe zoll could make a doggie defib too, something that spits out a biscuit right after a shock is delivered

of course this could progress into medical control's intervention too, need i mention puppy uppers and doggie downers?

mans best friend eh? i hope all you usless cats out there are reading this, you bunch of usless pussies!

~S~

Epi-do

I see dead people
We heard this on the news the other night.

Now, for a funny, but true, story.

I was at work, and my husband was home asleep. We had a cat, and had just recently gotten a puppy. Instead of putting the pup in her crate when he went to bed, he let her sleep with him.

The next thing he knows, he is getting awakened to someone pounding on the door and yelling "Police!" He gets up and opens the door, and there is a sherrifs deputy standing there. He tells my husband that someone at our residence called 911 and then didn't say anything so he was there to do a welfare check.

He asked my husband if anyone else was home and was told there was just a cat and a puppy at home with him. The officer asked to come in and look around. After looking through the apartment, they found a phone off the hook.

The best we can figure out, the puppy was chasing the cat, they knocked the phone off the hook, and somehow managed to get connected to 911. I don't think either one of them actually dialed the phone, but they managed to hit something on it that somehow connected them.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Furry Babbies gone bad!!!:p