Does anyone have experience with 511TacticalDirect.com?

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
I put an order through 511TacticalDirect last Saturday(aug 16). I got a confirmation email, but nothing else after that. Nothing to tell me its been shipped or anything. I waited until wednesday or thursday just to give it time, but after not hearing anything I decided to give them a call to find out. It was an automated phone service and when I pushed "0" to talk to a sales person it went straight to voicemail. ugh. So I sent them an email after that to see if that would be answered... but no.

So here it is 8 days after I placed the order with no word as to whats going on... Anybody here have any experience ordering through them?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
call them with the confirmation email in hand.

How many business days did they say it took to process an order? Weekends don't count towards that.

OP
OP
A

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
call them with the confirmation email in hand.

How many business days did they say it took to process an order? Weekends don't count towards that.

Calling them doesnt do anything because I cant get through to a live human.

I didnt receive a estimated ship date, arrival, or anything. It was just a receipt email showing me the order was placed...

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Calling them doesnt do anything because I cant get through to a live human.

I didnt receive a estimated ship date, arrival, or anything. It was just a receipt email showing me the order was placed...

It usually shows general length of time in the catalog prior to order.

OP
OP
A

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
It usually shows general length of time in the catalog prior to order.

The site says it ships same day. Which means they would have shipped on monday..

It looks like a really legit business from their website and everything, but Im worried something fishy is up with them..

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It would be fishy if it took this long than.

If you put an order in late on any day in relation to the pickup time with UPS/Fed Ex/DHL it would go out the next day.

Personaliztion takes more than a day. I am a former advertisng specialty vendor. Was anything personalized?

Try calling on a sales line or any non-customer service line.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i can make a really legit looking website for a really illegitimate company in an afternoon......

OP
OP
A

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
It would be fishy if it took this long than.

If you put an order in late on any day in relation to the pickup time with UPS/Fed Ex/DHL it would go out the next day.

Personaliztion takes more than a day. I am a former advertisng specialty vendor. Was anything personalized?

Try calling on a sales line or any non-customer service line.

I called the only number they have about 4 different time over three days..

Nothing was personalized other than the receipt that I received.

Well, I can just hope that they have some realllllllly crappy customer service but their packing and shipping department is somewhat functional. hah...

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I put an order through 511TacticalDirect last Saturday(aug 16). I got a confirmation email, but nothing else after that. Nothing to tell me its been shipped or anything. I waited until wednesday or thursday just to give it time, but after not hearing anything I decided to give them a call to find out. It was an automated phone service and when I pushed "0" to talk to a sales person it went straight to voicemail. ugh. So I sent them an email after that to see if that would be answered... but no.

So here it is 8 days after I placed the order with no word as to whats going on... Anybody here have any experience ordering through them?

What did you order????

If it is the new TacLite pants (or some colors of the original 5.11 pants), there is currently a factory backorder on many popular sizes. They may not be in until October. I noticed this site didn't offer that information which is kinda crappy, but it is what it is. Nothing these folks can do about it. They are just an authorized retailer. Our local 5.11 store is out of many sizes and colors also........................

OP
OP
A

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
What did you order????

If it is the new TacLite pants (or some colors of the original 5.11 pants), there is currently a factory backorder on many popular sizes. They may not be in until October. I noticed this site didn't offer that information which is kinda crappy, but it is what it is. Nothing these folks can do about it. They are just an authorized retailer. Our local 5.11 store is out of many sizes and colors also........................

No, I ordered the regular cotton ones for that very reason..

Sooooo, I just got an email that says they were shipped and they should arrive on the 28th. Guess they do just have crapppppppy customer service. lol

Pretty relieved I must say.. Wasnt looking forward to losing $120.. lol

Thanks guys!

mace85

Forum Probie
I had the same issue. The only way I got anywhere was when I sent a few e-mails and left a few voicemails stating I wanted to cancel my order. I got a phone call the very next day. Even then not everything shipped. But they did credit back the difference, and automatically cancelled the order for the remaining items. Overall if I had to do it again, I would not use them.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
www.lapolicegear.com - these guys are awesome! I've placed 8 orders in the last couple of months and always receive prompt customer service, great prices, and quick shipping. I have received orders to Iraq in only 5 days! Plus they offer round trip free shipping if you need to return your 5.11's. Can't beat them! They also have some great tactical pants similar to 5.11 for $19 (black / navy / khaki). Check 'em out...........................

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
LA Police Gear is great. Galls is good too... and Galls hems pants for free.

I live close enough to The FireStore, that I can go there when I need to try something on.

OP
OP
A

AbsoluteZzZero

Forum Crew Member
I had the same issue. The only way I got anywhere was when I sent a few e-mails and left a few voicemails stating I wanted to cancel my order. I got a phone call the very next day. Even then not everything shipped. But they did credit back the difference, and automatically cancelled the order for the remaining items. Overall if I had to do it again, I would not use them.

I was pretty close to doing that too. I wont ever use them again either. thats for sureeee.

Hmm, Ill have to check out LAPoliceGear next time then. Thanks!