Do you think I bombed my interview essay?

Joshlaroe

Forum Probie
Hey all, I went to an ambulance company about 4 days ago to apply. The didn't interview me, but I did do a map test (went alright), a written test (felt GREAT about it), lift test, and an essay to write. For the essay I feel like I didn't give myself enough time or organization, so I kind of just went with whatever was in my head. The essay question was why I wanted to work for them and why they should consider me an asset to the team. I mainly talked about how becoming an EMT was a risk and career move for me, but with the company's training (the company actually did train our class with some of their employees) and ride alongs made me feel confident I could do the job and that this was for me. I discussed how determined the employees are to deliver the best patient care and that my willingness to learn and determination would benefit the growth of the company. I DIDN'T WRITE ABOUT BEING SERVICE ORIENTED THOUGH and I feel like that was a huge mistake, on top of butchering the essay in the first place. Do you think I have a chance at being called for an interview?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I used to run backgrounds and had applicants write an essay. For me it was more about handwriting and the ability to articulate thoughts in a clear and organized manner, the substance was irrelevant.

I can't speak for your process though, just sharing my own experience with essays.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Having seen how most people write a narrative, the bar was probably set pretty low for this... I wouldn't stress out too much about it if the rest of the application process went well.