Do not reproduce

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
Religious nuts like this drive me up a wall.

Nothing is ever their fault, it's always God's will.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Oh but it was her religious right not to seek medical treatment isn't it?

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh but it was her religious right not to seek medical treatment isn't it?

She can choose not to get help for herself, but not anyone else. Period.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
"But Gordon said she is now proud that her daughter displayed such strong faith in God, a stronger faith than hers at that moment."

Can they put the grandmother in jail too if possible. Thank you.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
It's stuff like this that has turned away from religions.

It's one thing to believe in a higher being, but to use that as an excuse for everything like it's a scapegoat is disgusting.

If you want to say "God had other plans for [insert name here]" when a terminally ill patient passes away, that's fine; I don't care. But when you neglect the need for medical treatment because you think it's "God's will", you're doing just that: neglecting. In my eyes, that's the same as abusing your child. So what happens when your "day of judgment" comes? The only golden gates you'll be seeing are the ones at McDonalds.

/end rant.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I hope this one rots in prison with he mom who kidnapped the kid going under chemo in the other thread.

MRE

Forum Captain
I hope this one rots in prison with the mom who kidnapped the kid going under chemo in the other thread.

The court's decision in this case was that the parents have the right to determine the medical care their child does or does not get, except when this decision will cause the child's death.

This should set a precident that will make it easier for this woman to be held responsible. I don't expect her to get 25 years though.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
"I didn't intend for this to happen."

Well, what did she think was going to happen? Next time I'm in a car accident, I'll just ask Andre the Giant to heal me instead of calling for an ambulance. The effect would be about the same. And if there is a God, did she ever think that maybe God put doctors here for the purpose of healing her child? It's idiots like this that make me shake my head and fear for the future of mankind.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
If only the foster system wasn't so overwhelmed. There really isn't much of an option for children of that sort of parent except to get court orders for treatment and keep living with their parents if they survive.

DO NOT REPRODUCE!

Yikes. I ran across a lady who was having her 10th, and I thought that was crazy enough...

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
This is what I don't understand. How can people overlook or deny the validity of this question?

Mark 5:25-29...

And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

That answer your question?

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
The thing that I find most interesting in the woman's court case happened on day 1, when she suddenly became ill in court, probably from stress. She accepted help from EMS when they arrived.

Yet she wouldn't seek help for her daughter.

Dad is on trial next, later this summer. Hope he gets convicted too.

I've spayed and neutered thousands of dogs and cats in my career...sometimes I wish I could carry out that operation on people! :)

Just kidding...kind of.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

You seemed to have missed the fact that my post was full of intolerent, scathing, disdainful sarcasm. There is not a thing in this world that sets me off more then a person who is so far removed from reality that they believe their "God" whoever it may be will bestow divine faith and heal them or somebody else.

She can choose not to get help for herself, but not anyone else. Period.