Do I need to re-apply?

MarilynEagle

Forum Crew Member
Well, I am just a bit closer to actually taking my practical EMT exam. I am running into a few issues however. Initially, I applied for EMT-Basic, but I got a letter denying me because I am a minor. I was told to apply for an Assessment, and that actually went through the QC. Under course completion though it says "Verification Request Submitted" and it has been like that for a several months. Ill turn 18 before I plan to take my practical assessment October 15th though. I honestly do not know the difference between the assessment and the EMT-Basic option.

To apply for the practical, I need to have the ND EMS ID number (what even is that)... I have called the state office and NREMT but they just refer me back and fourth. Yikes...

Anyone have ideas?

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Your Practical (or skills test is either run by the state for basic, or by the class you were in) usually the first though. Practical is your Trauma and Medical assesment, the hands on stuff where they give you a scenerio and you run through your Pt assesment and take care of the problem. The CBT is a test in which you apply and then once accepted, get an Authorization To Test (ATT) and further instructions will be given to schedule at a Pearson View Test center or an equal facility. For the verification you are waiting on your instructor to verify that you completed your class and he reccomends you for testing. I would honeslty contact him to do it as some forget or dont really know they had to do it in the first place. You may have to be 18 before you can take the CBT so I would contact NREMT to verify that. You can take the CBT before or after the practical it doesnt matter what order.