Difficulty in getting IV access? try forehead IO

RustyShackleford

Forum Crew Member
I wasn't sold until the free black beenie offer....

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Ummm, never mind. Carry on. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

celticcare

Forum Ride Along
I love it lol, could have used this on some patients had last few nights, though not just for IO access ;)

mikie

Forum Lurker
A hoax obviously...

It's for sure 2 microphone holders and perhaps a microphone(?) and a needle someone grabbed out of their unit. I'm having trouble deciphering what the main object is.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
It's for sure 2 microphone holders and perhaps a microphone(?) and a needle someone grabbed out of their unit. I'm having trouble deciphering what the main object is.

Dude you killed it!

I am so tempted to make something like this and pull it on that obnoxious pt.

Hey, I'm here to help you. Stop being nasty. I have this tool....(pulls out forehead IO) that sticks a needle in you forehead and sucks the obnoxious part of your brain right out.

mikie

Forum Lurker
Dude you killed it!
Hey, I'm here to help you. Stop being nasty. I have this tool....(pulls out forehead IO) that sticks a needle in you forehead and sucks the obnoxious part of your brain right out.

well, to make this more serious ....why don't we use EZ-IO's to create Burr holes in the event of increased ICP?? (I put that in a homework assignment once, as a joke, obviously). ~s~

But heck, when the apocalypse comes, you might need to treppan some burr holes w/ an IO needle!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
well, to make this more serious ....why don't we use EZ-IO's to create Burr holes in the event of increased ICP?? (I put that in a homework assignment once, as a joke, obviously). ~s~

But heck, when the apocalypse comes, you might need to treppan some burr holes w/ an IO needle!

In the apocalypse, you can use a DeWalt with a long 1/2" bit. Ends the suffering faster.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In the apocalypse, you can use a DeWalt with a long 1/2" bit. Ends the suffering faster.

Wait only in the apocalypse?............ I guess I should take my drill out of the unit then :unsure:

vamike

Forum Crew Member
I saw one of those in the psyche ward. Seriously. :rolleyes: