Denis Leary bringing "Sirens" to the States (EMS on TV)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm looking forward to watching this. And I too hope it's more like scrubs

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Given the box art, I'd say it's definitely going to be Scrubs-esque.

70285751.jpg

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I was thinking worse than that. I bet it get cancelled after 6 episodes

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm picturing "Trauma" only slapstick, with a laugh track.

Scrubs was good because the characters were rich. It didn't need to be a medical show, it could have been about a bunch of plumbers and still been funny.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Well with **** Wolfe Pumping out dramas like Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and whatever flavor of Law & Order he desires at the moment. I don't see this going to far. Especially on a network like USA where their primtime slots are usually eaten up by ReRuns of cop shows.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
If he had done "Rescue Me" for EMS, I would've been happier.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Nobody has mentioned the defib paddles yet :p

OP
OP
dixie_flatline

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
Well with **** Wolfe Pumping out dramas like Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and whatever flavor of Law & Order he desires at the moment. I don't see this going to far. Especially on a network like USA where their primtime slots are usually eaten up by ReRuns of cop shows.

Actually USA has been leading the way when it comes to scripted programming on a cable channel. White Collar, Psych, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, Monk.

Also, because cable channels don't play the ratings game the way broadcast networks do, they have a lot more leeway when it comes to determining "success" for a show.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually USA has been leading the way when it comes to scripted programming on a cable channel. White Collar, Psych, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, Monk.

Also, because cable channels don't play the ratings game the way broadcast networks do, they have a lot more leeway when it comes to determining "success" for a show.

Ahh I see didn't even know there was a difference in channels other than what they charge companies for broadcasting them

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm picturing "Trauma" only slapstick, with a laugh track.

Scrubs was good because the characters were rich. It didn't need to be a medical show, it could have been about a bunch of plumbers and still been funny.

Couldn't agree more about scrubs. I'm currently rewatching from the beginning (I've seen most episodes, but not in order), and I'm loving it.