Current Thoughts on ETMC?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Spoke with the recruiter briefly...basically wanted to figure out if I could apply down there without having my TX card and just my current NREMT and Ohio cert. Liked what I heard from him but I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting stories in my searches. I see some recommendations and that it's decent and I see others that practically scream to run away. Anybody care to chime in or private message me?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I've heard a lot of things about them... Not necessarily good things though. Are they still offering a crazy sign-on bonus?

@RocketMedic and @TransportJockey This is kind of in your neck of the woods

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've heard a lot of things about them... Not necessarily good things though. Are they still offering a crazy sign-on bonus?

@RocketMedic and @TransportJockey This is kind of in your neck of the woods
Haven't seen much of them. They pulled out of the local Op but when they were here they didn't pay too well at all. From what I hear etmc /paramedics plus is really dependent on division kinda like AMR

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I've heard fairly ominous things regarding turnover, insane workload and you-might-go-home shift schedules. Also not impressed by pay.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Thanks all...

Salary he gave me was better than what I've found up here.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Was it for the Waco operations? That area seems to be doing OK, but that's their home op. If you're interested in Texas, there's lots of good city and county third service options for you

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Was it for the Waco operations? That area seems to be doing OK, but that's their home op. If you're interested in Texas, there's lots of good city and county third service options for you

I'm looking around. e-mailed Galveston about applying w/ NREMT and getting my TX card following. I think that's the appeal with ETMC.. They're good with me doing TX cert following an offer, gets me some experience and pay is decent for what I expect as an EMT with no field experience. I'm good with the grind for a few years of it gets me in a state where I can network and work to build a career.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm looking around. e-mailed Galveston about applying w/ NREMT and getting my TX card following. I think that's the appeal with ETMC.. They're good with me doing TX cert following an offer, gets me some experience and pay is decent for what I expect as an EMT with no field experience. I'm good with the grind for a few years of it gets me in a state where I can network and work to build a career.
What answer did you get from Galveston because hr isn't familiat with our operations. I can ask our command staff Monday about their view on it if you like

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
What answer did you get from Galveston because hr isn't familiat with our operations. I can ask our command staff Monday about their view on it if you like

I just e-mailed yesterday afternoon so I'm not expecting anything till next week.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just e-mailed yesterday afternoon so I'm not expecting anything till next week.
Ah OK. I know we generally just need you to have your card on first day of orientation. Texas is running about 4 weeks for reciprocity

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Williamson County EMS was pretty good with working with @Handsome Robb getting his reciprocity if I remember right

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Lol I figured if you wanted Fire, you'd have mentioned it. Still, we're hiring (which is rare) and the pay and benefits are nearly unbeatable. And after three years you can transition to a single-role medic ;) So I figured I'd throw it out there.

I definitely get not wanting to do Fire, though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Williamson County EMS was pretty good with working with @Handsome Robb getting his reciprocity if I remember right

Yea they were. From the sounds of it it's going to be a requirement to have by the first day of the academy though from now on. Because of the absolute nonsense we had to deal with. DSHS sucks.

ETMC Waco seems decent. You could always look at Scott & White EMS as well, they're not bad. Marble Falls and San Marcos Hays County are both decent but you'll have to have your certification by the interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Yea they were. From the sounds of it it's going to be a requirement to have by the first day of the academy though from now on. Because of the absolute nonsense we had to deal with. DSHS sucks.

ETMC Waco seems decent. You could always look at Scott & White EMS as well, they're not bad. Marble Falls and San Marcos Hays County are both decent but you'll have to have your certification by the interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working my way through Scott and White's app now and a few other hospital based ones.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Thanks again everyone, so far I've submitted apps to:

ETMC, Baylor Scott and White, UMC Lubbock, Marble Hills, Galveston, Beaumont

...and got my TX reciprocity submitted, just have to send in the fee this week and send the out of state form to Ohio's division to sign off.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain

HR says no... Need Texas from the start. O well, my app is floating in an office there. I need to call the TX cert office about getting a fingerprint card sent my way and pay the fee.