Curious - Hospital EMS Question

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Just interested in what hospitals are out there in the States that run EMS for city/county/health district that have medics/EMTs working in the ED between calls. Loved working in the hospital this past year and would love to consider cycling back as my career progresses.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Lots of community and local hospitals across Texas do this. Coryell Memorial Health in Gatesville comes to mind.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Lots of community and local hospitals across Texas do this. Coryell Memorial Health in Gatesville comes to mind.
Thanks, I've got some applications in to some traditional EMS systems down there and I'm working on getting my state card.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Not a 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the Lowell General Hospital paramedics out in Lowell Ma can.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Not a 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the Lowell General Hospital paramedics out in Lowell Ma can.

I used to work in Lowell doing EMS, and the LGH medics definitely do work in the ER from time to time. I'm not sure if it's between shifts or if it's just for practice or for extra help, but they're definitely there every now and then.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
I used to work in Lowell doing EMS, and the LGH medics definitely do work in the ER from time to time. I'm not sure if it's between shifts or if it's just for practice or for extra help, but they're definitely there every now and then.

That's what I thought. I went out there to look at LGH for a job and could've sworn they said something about doing time in the ER. Again, not sure if practice or between shifts or what have you.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I know a couple in central NC who work for the hospital's critical care transport or EMS division and they moonlight in the ER