CPR Kit

cfman

Forum Probie
Anyone have any recommendations for a CPR keychain with a face mask and a pair of gloves? I'm looking for one that can actually fit into my pocket comfortably along with my wallets, keys, etc and not bulge out completely.

Thanks,
CFMAN

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've never carried one with me, but the MDI CPR MicroKey-Pro is similar to what I have seen as the most compact keychain kit. Similar kits are made by many different companies.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Adding the gloves makes it bulky...And the gloves break down with heat.

Not sure how often you are on the ambulance... but I usually stuff a pair of gloves into my back pocket with a notepad when I'm off duty... they last a few days before they break down because I'm so hot ;)

So I carry one without gloves on my keychain. I have one with gloves that lives in one of my backpacks for school... if it is in the right bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't need a CPR kit.. I walk around with a pair of gloves on all the time, and a BVM attached to my belt. Oh and the AED and O2 kit in my backback that I always have on me too.

OP
OP
C

cfman

Forum Probie
I realize now that the gloves are probably unnecessary. I found a really compact face mask keychain actually. It's circular and less than 2 inches in diameter.

Thanks for the info.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I realize now that the gloves are probably unnecessary. I found a really compact face mask keychain actually. It's circular and less than 2 inches in diameter.

Thanks for the info.
Good choice. I also skipped the gloves and found a really tiny one that I got for free when I bought a new AED battery.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
...that I got for free...

And Economics lesson 101... TANSTAAFL!

...when I bought a new AED battery.

"Oh, 'tanstaafl'. Means 'There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.' And isn't," I added, pointing to a FREE LUNCH sign across room, "or these drinks would cost half as much. Was reminding her that anything free costs twice as much in the long run or turns out worthless."
~The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
I would rather have gloves than a cpr mask. But I don't carry either with me. I do have some gloves and a small first aid kit in the car.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
I tend to agree. :)

I would rather have gloves than a cpr mask. But I don't carry either with me. I do have some gloves and a small first aid kit in the car.

I tend to agree. I have a small first aid kit in my car and I have the CPR mask on my keys.